Replacing my restored Duster rally dash bezel, Now car won't start

-
Found the fuse link, is there a trick to getting the thing apart without breaking it, what is inside, just a fuse?

Found the fuse link, is there a trick to getting the thing apart without breaking it, what is inside, just a fuse?
Forgot to mention, checked all the connections,pos and neg on the alt gauge, the 3 pin connector above the spedo connect, and the multi pin connector that plugs into the gauges, raised the column to make sure the ground wire on the column has a good connection, and grounded the gauge panel with a jumper wire. Hooked up the battery, no lights, no gauge lights, no start.

The fuse link is at the bulkhead connector on engine side it looks like a normal wire but usually has
a plastic flag molded on it that reads fusible link here's a pic.

View attachment 1715049295
Looking at some older posts on this forum talking about fuse link, not really a fuse. Story's of smoke and fires, did not have anything like that happen. 67dart273 mentioned fuse bus bars on the back of the fuse block, could that be something to check? He also mentioned a breaker in the light switch.
If that's the case maybe it's popped, can it be reset?

No fuse inside just element wire that burns in two you have to replace the whole link.

Any luck yet?

Jeff
Yes, I was just about ready to call the tow truck, but one of my mopar friends came by with his electric meter, did a little looking, could not find anything that would cause a problem, I think it came down to a ground connection on the battery. Just came in, started it, first time since I took the dash apart.
I wanted to replace all the dash lights with LED's, got all to work except one, something on the circuit
board, tried different sockets, bought all new one's, switched one to another, still no light.
I did not want to hook everything back up till I know all the dash gauges work. When the car is running
the gas and oil pressure gauge are pegged, gas gauge shows full, past the full, and oil past the high, so something is going on there. Maybe the multi pin connector connection needs to be better. I have a mechanical oil pressure and temp gauge. But the car runs now, amp gauge seems to be ok.
Not easy to work on, not a lot of room, the wires on the connectors are not very long.
Thanks to all who offered help, this is a great help.

Tony

Yes, I was just about ready to call the tow truck, but one of my mopar friends came by with his electric meter, did a little looking, could not find anything that would cause a problem, I think it came down to a ground connection on the battery. Just came in, started it, first time since I took the dash apart.
I wanted to replace all the dash lights with LED's, got all to work except one, something on the circuit
board, tried different sockets, bought all new one's, switched one to another, still no light.
I did not want to hook everything back up till I know all the dash gauges work. When the car is running
the gas and oil pressure gauge are pegged, gas gauge shows full, past the full, and oil past the high, so something is going on there. Maybe the multi pin connector connection needs to be better. I have a mechanical oil pressure and temp gauge. But the car runs now, amp gauge seems to be ok.
Not easy to work on, not a lot of room, the wires on the connectors are not very long.
Thanks to all who offered help, this is a great help.

Tony
Awesome! It's a car again!!!!!

Jeff

-
Back