Replacing rear transmission mount, need help!

-

H22A4

Does anyone read this?
Reaction score
I must be missing something really simple since I know I'm not the only one to think replacing the rear tranny bushing is a simple job. How do I get the bolt out of the tranny mount that goes into the crossmember?? It's only about half way out (in the two of the pics) before it hits the crossmember....

rear tranny mount.jpg

crossmember bolt.jpg

cross member bolt closeup.jpg

Jack up the tranny a bit more to make the bolt angle its self dow to clear the frame,or grind off two flats and remove the bolt,mrmopartech

I'd rather not mangle the bolt so I'll remove the two bolts that hold the mount onto the tranny hoping that will then give me enough play to get the bolt out.

What is interesting is that the shape of the cross member on each side (see pic w/o the tranny jack) of the mount is different and it almost looks like the bolt was put in on the wrong side at the factory (looks like the bolt head wouldn't hit the cross member if it was put in from left to right). Can anyone recall if their mount/crossmember bolt head is on the passenger side or the drivers side??

put the jack under the trans and take the weight off of it. REmove the 4 crossmember bolts and the two holding the mount to the trans. then drop the whole crossmember. Really easy to do.

The bolt should clear so it looks like someone used a longer non original bolt to me. Cut it/grind it and reinstall with proper length bolt.

-
Back