Repro Quarters?

-

danmc77

Reaction score
I know the repro skins by all the manufacturers have issues with exact fitment and some body lines (specifically where it meets the rear bumper).

Question - Do the new FULL QUARTERS from AMD fit like originals, or are they subject to the same fitment issues? Are they made to be exact replacements, where the skins seem to be more for patch panels?

I understand all panels need finish work, but should I expect the new AMD repo quarters to fit like originals?

I think you answered your own question, "they all need finish work". The pics I've seen of the AMD ones are just as "cut and grind as necessary" as the GoodMark ones I used. You'll need a body dolly set, a few pairs of vice grips, body forming hammers and a fair amount of patience to get them to fit at the edges ( but you probably already know that much if you need quarters ).

Hopefully someone that's used the AMD products will chime in.

Just got some from AMD this winter. what a drive from PA to CT. Shipping was ~ 100$ a panel to my house so I drove up and got em. There is a wiggle in the panel in every one I saw above the wheel well opening that will give you fits. The gauge of the metal is significantly thinner (as are all), the rear of the panel is also different where it tucks in behind the bumper as well.
Overall, the panel came out OK for a novice body guy. I had some oil-canning issues at the weld line so I had to practice shrinking and stretching.
Be patient. fit, refit, trim and refit ad-nausea um, then do it again.

Maybe I'll see you at the Pottstown next month cruise danmc. I be the guy in the partially Orange and mostly black primer Duster

Replaced the quarters on my Demon I'm restoring with the AMD ones, and the left one was pretty good. The right side one was not so much, had a lot of issues with fitment and it had to be taken off three different times and trimmed to get it to line up correctly. Both of them were cut short at the front, and the right one had some issues around the quarter window. There is also some slight waviness below the belt line.

All in all, much better than the skins (which were garbage), but prepare to be patient and take your time to get them to fit properly. My body guy is a perfectionist and an expert at this type of work. It took him 2 days to fit and weld out the drivers side, and 3 days for the passenger side. Then he spent another 4 days doing the body work on them to make them look 100% original.

Just got some from AMD this winter. what a drive from PA to CT. Shipping was ~ 100$ a panel to my house so I drove up and got em. There is a wiggle in the panel in every one I saw above the wheel well opening that will give you fits. The gauge of the metal is significantly thinner (as are all), the rear of the panel is also different where it tucks in behind the bumper as well.
Overall, the panel came out OK for a novice body guy. I had some oil-canning issues at the weld line so I had to practice shrinking and stretching.
Be patient. fit, refit, trim and refit ad-nausea um, then do it again.

Maybe I'll see you at the Pottstown next month cruise danmc. I be the guy in the partially Orange and mostly black primer Duster
That doesn't sound like AMD 1/4's you put on. Did you use the 1/4 skins? The AMD panels are full-they go right to the factory leaded joint in the roof pillar,and fold right into the trunk opening and around to the tailpanel leaded joint too.

-
Back