Reprogramming 727

-

Orionsax7

Reaction score
I re-read my Mopar mags once in a while and found an article from the February 2002 issue of Mopar Muscle on reprogramming the 727. It mentions drilling one hole in the separator plate to 3/16" and three other holes to 1/8". That's no big deal but my question is this: If I do this now, will I still be able to install the Transgo TF-2 I'm planning down the road? Or should I not do it and only do what's in the TF-2 kit? Anyone have a copy of the TF-2 instructions they could scan and send me so I can see what's involved? Thanks all.

-Alex

If you plan on dropping the v/b id just do the tf-2 kit...thats all i did, its what, $50? I'd do it once and be done with it. just my .02cents

Alex I have the TF-2 instructions I could copy and mail to you. Sorry I can't scan it and send it though since I only have dial-up it would take too long cause it's several pages. If your interested PM me with your name and address and I'll get it in the mail.

As far as doing it or not here's my .02. The TF-2 kit does have you drill a couple of holes but not four. I don't know what ones the magazine suggests so I can't positively say how it will affect it but I don't think I would do it because you may cause an overlap problem when you install the kit.

Sounds good. Thanks for the input all, I just ordered the kit so I'll do that instead. Thanks anyway fishy. Can't get this kind of help on chebby message boards that's for sure...

-Alex

p.s. not that I frequent those boards, but my buddy had a 69 camaro...been there done that..hehehe

No problem Alex. You know I don't mean to knock the chevy boards but a buddy of mine is a die hard gm guy and he says the same thing.

-
Back