Reputable Engine Builder - Northern MN

-

adamm

Reaction score
Anyone know or worked with a reputable engine builder within reasonable distance of Duluth, MN?

I've only built one engine before, and had help from a mechanic friend (no longer lives in the area). I'd like to work with someone who can go through it when I'm done to ensure everything is assembled right (tolerances, etc) and also provide some guidance on parts selection.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Don't know anyone up there. But there are a couple threads lately where we talked some first timers through it.

Anyone know or worked with a reputable engine builder within reasonable distance of Duluth, MN?

I've only built one engine before, and had help from a mechanic friend (no longer lives in the area). I'd like to work with someone who can go through it when I'm done to ensure everything is assembled right (tolerances, etc) and also provide some guidance on parts selection.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Drive that engine down to Chuck at Lofgren Auto Specialties in East Bethel (north T.C. area) about 2 hrs from you. Well worth it!

SRE engines is in Cottage Grove IIRC - he has a machine shop, engine builder, and has a in-house engine dyno, ya it's a drive but you get what you paid for.. I will be bringing my engine to him to dyno.

-
Back