resonators

-

ScampMike

Despicable Damn Yankee
Reaction score
so - to pass inspection (noise level issue) I was forced to buy resonators for my exhaust last year - - I am in the process of redoing the exhaust and am wondering if there would be any significant difference between building it -A) headers, mufflers, resonators or B) headers, resonators, mufflers.. I am thinking performance wise it probably won't make too much difference (would it?) but sound levels would be higher with the resonators first... yes/no?

Where do you go for your sticker my duster is loud and i get a sticker every year no problem...as for performance i'll bet it hurts a little..

place I went last year let me get away with a couple of other issues so when he said it's too loud... I didn't argue. It's is full 3" exhaust with Warlock race mufflers so.. headers, mufflers, pipe... he did have a point... LOL

For V8 engines, the factory did it mufflers first and then resonators in the instances that I have seen both. Here in California, a lot of things suck but so far they have left the car hobby alone though I haven't had to have an older car inspected for registration in ages. The new cars seem to get a pass on how loud they are, especially the exotics and the high performance domestic offerings.

-
Back