Response to the group about my new car-2005 Chrysler 300

-

gossame1

Reaction score
Merry Chrystmas, Gang,

I'm happy everyone likes the new car. Yes I know it's not an "A" body, but to me it reminds me of my '68 Plymouth. I would like to take the time to wish everyone here a happy, healthy and safe holiday season. I will attempt to answer some of the questions that Fastback 340 had wanted to know about, First question, "Will Flowmasters fit? I'm not sure, I know that alot of the owners of the LX body (300 and Magnum) if they swap out the exhaust system on the car either use the Magnaflow or Borla catback exhaust systems. I don't plan on swapping out my exhaust system or make any modifications that would void any warranties on the car. I'm not sure about the bolt pattern spacing either, I know I have 5 lugs per wheel, and the wheels are the base steel wheels with bolt-on plastic wheel covers, The tires are 17 inch Goodyear Integrity tires. As far as a big block, I'm sure if you could classify the HEMI engine a big block at 5.7 liters, and at an extra $10K-15 to install a crate HEMI engine, I really don't even need all that power. I know alot of you guys are power hungry , but I don't want to stop at every other gas station to fill up the tank.

I ordered the car back in early November, and it arrived on 12/6 at the dealer. I was originally quoted about 6-8 week wait, but it came in less than a month. My hat is off to the assembly team that manufactured the car in Brampton, Ontario Canada. The picture I posted, is of an identical car to what I own, minus the license plate bracket. I haven't had time to take actual pictures of the car due to all the holiday preparations. After the holidays, I hope to get some good pictures of the car. When I do, I will post them for the group.

I also want to say, even though I now have a new 300, I won't abandon the group by any means, You guys have helped me out on numerous occasions, when I didn't know what to do. I thank everyone for all of the help and support that you have given me since I joined the board, when I purchased my first car, the '68 Plymouth. I will definitely keep in touch, and I hope everyone will do the same!

Happy Holidays,

Brian T. Carotenuto

I didn't mean to come off as being too serious about the modifications! Being I work at a new car dealer I can attest to many customers modifying their cars while under warranty. I was teasing... As for the nitrous and engine swapping, again I was pulling your leg. I wouldn't expect you to swap the engine any more so as I would convert my Wife's `04 GTI over to rear wheel drive. Again, being playful.

The one thing I did intend was hoping you enjoy driving and owning the car. A new car is such a treat considering some of the stuff we try & resurrect, then drive :wink: Air conditioning and a CD playing definitely beats out manual steering & roasting from the header heat.....

Sometimes. 8)

No problem, John!

You can bet, I am having alot of fun driving the new car. Alot of worries that I had with the Plymouth are nonexistent at present. (given the fact that the car is 3 weeks old!) Don't worry, you didn't take things too far with the mods. I knew that you were just teasing :wink: BTW, what dealer do you work for? (Is it a Chrysler dealer?) If you work for a Chrysler dealer, how many problems have you seen with the new 300's and Magnums? I just received a recall notice the other day concerning the IP gauge cluster needs to be recalibrated. Supposedly, according to DC, it involves a software flash. Do you know what the technician will be doing, and what computer would control the IP cluster? Also, in perfoming the software upgrade, what is the possibility that something else could go off kilter? (Like dealing with Windows Update on the home PC, I have downloaded updates from WU, and had to reinstall other parts of the operating system that got corrupted due to a specific update or driver that needed to be upgraded) Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for everything!

Sincerely yours,

Brian T. Carotenuto

gossame1 said:
BTW, what dealer do you work for?

I'm a technician for one of the largest Nissan dealers in the NYC area, Star Nissan. One of our sister stores is Metro Chrysler. I'll see what I can dig up for you when I get back to work Monday.

BTW: Where's those smokey burn-out pictures? :D

-
Back