resto info

-
Hey Lawrence,

One of the reasons I joined this site is because of the vast amount of information on here. What I learned here through from very knowledgeable members was first, you need to do a thorough inspection of your car and make note of the problem areas and parts that need to be replaced. Be very realistic of how much you want to spend on it. There's no such thing as a "$1000.00 paint job" anymore and A-Bodies can get very expensive very quickly. For instance, if you need fenders, check the availability and prices here on the for sale site. The prices there wont be very far off what you will pay for them anywhere. Break your project into sections. bodywork and trim , interior, wiring, and mechanical . Then, before you start each section , go to the search feature on the home page and you will find numerous well informed commentary on what you are trying to do, and, usually, where to avoid Fu#k-ups others have run into.
Trust me ... invaluable and way better than any manual!! Good luck with your project and post some pics of your progress!

Cheers!!

There is no manual for restoring a Mopar. You will need to be more specific on what you mean by "restore". People have varying ideas of what that means. If you want detailed info on identification and "correctness" then you should consider the books of MMC Detroit. The day-to-day process of restoration we can help.

There is no manual for restoring a Mopar. You will need to be more specific on what you mean by "restore". People have varying ideas of what that means. If you want detailed info on identification and "correctness" then you should consider the books of MMC Detroit. The day-to-day process of restoration we can help.
thanks, its a full resto, on the rotisserie now at the body shop. i will look into mmc detroit thanks again

What are you looking for how to do the work? or specific details etc. YT videos help but there are alot of what I think ae incorrect cars or clones etc. Emblems missing or not where they should be.i saw a 70 Swinger with just Swinger on the quarter, there is always a dart emblem that goes with it. Keep in mind around 20-25 year sago these cars took off from being throwaways to collectable and there were alot of improperly done clone cars restored.

Also keep handy R/T Specialties for correct nuts, bolts and parts. You may be frequenting places for NOS.

-
Back