Restoration correctness?

-
I think it was more about the fact to save paint, the painters were instructed to only paint the tops of the engine compartment, or what you could see after the engine was installed.
I have 5 '75 cars, and they are all like this.

I agree with the paint in the engine ompartment ...NOT a lot and runs! They would pinch a buffalo nickel till it pooped in their hands. Cheap bastards!
Many of our old cars are restored to way better than they ever came fro the factory. After all thy were mere cars to drive wear out wreck!??

I think it was more about the fact to save paint, the painters were instructed to only paint the tops of the engine compartment, or what you could see after the engine was installed.

My ‘75 must have been one of the rare one to get a full paint job in the engine bay. And mine was built on Valentines Day which fell on a Friday that year!!!

I'm gonna have to go back and look at some pictures and see if mine was like that i dont remember it being like that but it was 15 years ago and I didn't pay much attention i was only 18 then and wasnt really worried about historical significance I kick myself now!

Ok another question. Was the brake line clamps put on before or after paint? Was they painted? Same with the brake lines?

Also what screws to use I found these clamps they are close to original looking but do not have screws. What type of screws photo would be a huge help thanks.

Screenshot_20181011-171818_eBay.jpg

-
Back