Restoring my 1967 Barracuda

-
The restauration process continues!!!

I has a problem, the flexplate of my clucht broken, it`s broken the bellhousing too!

I bought any parts:
05052010241.jpg

A Stronger clutch!!!

05052010242.jpg

A high torque starter

DSCF1565.jpg

The old bellhousing, this is of a dart with slant-six engine!!!! the cllucht is very big for this, I changed the flywheel for can fit the new clucht kit...

DSCF1576.jpg

It`s Different?????

Later, I install the exhaust system, I bought that kit in summit racing, is a good part, all installation was perfect...

18082010482.jpg

18082010480.jpg

And....
the celestial noise!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxsEgqB3VEA"]YouTube- Plymouth Barracuda 1967 with 2 1/2 inch exhaust system.[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMYNIuIa2Kw"]YouTube- Plymouth Barracuda 1967 -- Burning exhaust system....[/ame]

I hope than this like us, sorry one more time for my english, i hope learn soon to speak english!!!! :D

Byeeeeee

TATO
Spain

A la busca del embrague perdido!

saludos!

TATO

Very cool man...BUT... looking at those valve covers make me cross-eyed!! Something is up side down!

Yes! i know but in the correct position is not space with the alternator and AC compressor, this engine is a magnum of 1993, the heads and poly V belt system is not compatible with that valve covers... next i want change the heads by a indy or edelbrock, i hope than i can put in correcto position... maybe i can modifity the valve covers cuting and welding....

thanks!

TATO

Yes! i know but in the correct position is not space with the alternator and AC compressor, this engine is a magnum of 1993, the heads and poly V belt system is not compatible with that valve covers... next i want change the heads by a indy or edelbrock, i hope than i can put in correcto position... maybe i can modifity the valve covers cuting and welding....

thanks!

TATO

Ok, I knew there was a reason for the madness! Have you tried the "Mopar Magnum" black wrinkle valve covers? I don't know if they would solve the clearance problems though, they seem to be lower profile...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DCC-5007617/?rtype=10

15f391g.jpg

Thanks!!!

I`ll buy that covers and sell that others covers...

thanks friend!

TATO

Thanks friends!

I bought the correct valve covers 191.95$ and the wheel nuts, 15.80$ and.... 120$ os shipping and handling! i think go to live to US !!!!:protest::protest::protest:

Now I am searching the headlights for fit in the car and can install the grilles, Later I want buy the brake booster new and hood/trunk barracuda emblems, and too the plymouth fonts of the front of vehicle, On November i come back to Sema Show, maybe i find there a breakers and can buy that parts...

Thanks!

I`ll reefresh with news of restoration process!

thanks!!!

TATO

Just read this thread,great work you are doing there Tato. She looks real nice.How about an up to date pic of the complete car?8)

-
Back