Retirement options

-
Yeah, I agree. As I like to call them "206ers" Many transplants from California and Oregon. I was born and raised in Washington state and have lived all over the state. I am now retired for all intents and purposes and could easily move back to my birth city of Spokane, although it is suffering from the ills of the rest of the country. Population increase and creeping liberalism. By SE Washington I was referring to an area from the tri cities east to the Idaho border and as I said, I am a fan of Spokane. I also like the Walla Walla area but it is getting pretty ritzy for a low fixed income retiree.
In all honesty I may already be in one of the best Washington areas to retire, 98837. Center of the state and four seasons in an agricultural based culture and economy and lots of car guys!
I like the Moses Lake area. A lot like the Yakima valley.Tri Cities is growing like wild fire but a lot of liberal there also. I like Spokane but as you said starting to take on big city woes. I really like Wenatchee but there again West siders are coming over and driving up land and housing costs just for their little piece of heaven.

I like the Moses Lake area. A lot like the Yakima valley.Tri Cities is growing like wild fire but a lot of liberal there also. I like Spokane but as you said starting to take on big city woes. I really like Wenatchee but there again West siders are coming over and driving up land and housing costs just for their little piece of heaven.
If it wasn't for the West side , I would say to someone sure come ahead we have everything. You like the ocean you can be there from anywhere in wash from 10 Min to 5 hours . You like to play in the sand , we got it and its central to anyone in the state , you like mountains got it, forest got it, rock climbing , skiing, boating. Its a beautiful state marred by politics.

Road tripping tomorrow with the misses checking out retirement places Smoky Mountain area. Hitting Staunton Va. on the way down then Jonesboro TN,; Murphy NC;
Blue Ridge, GA; Greenville SC. This is our 3rd trip checking towns but will be the first time in SC and GA. Really liking that part of the country. We have a few years to go but want to get a good feel before taking the plunge.

-
Back