retrofit roller cam

-

a2000rt2

Reaction score
Is there a problem using a retrofit roller cam in a magnum block?

If the base circle is the same as a Magnum cam core, you might be able to use stock type roller lifters...

...otherwise, if it's smaller base circle you might* be able to use aftermarket lifters IF the link bar doesn't interfere with the block. I can't say I know for sure...

Is there a problem using a retrofit roller cam in a magnum block?
The retrofit roller cams are for the older blocks. Those retro fit cams a longer than the Magnum roller cams.

You can put a Magnum roller cam in a LA block with adapter (if I read the site info correctly).

Is it just the snout that's longer, if so that's no problem, because thats all I can think of

Did just this. A Howard's "retro fit roller",in a Magnum block. The cam comes with a cast iron gear,for the intermediate drive /oil pump shaft. Used stock lifters,I would suggest, researching a longer pushrod possibly. Until you inform more about your build,can't say more.I chose the Howard's because of the cast iron gear,the cam specs,& customer service. Watch Comp,sometimes you have to ask for a cast iron gear. My .02....

did you stay fuel injected or swap timing covers for the la type and use the mech pump? (or do you know if the snout will fit behind the magnum cover)

the Magnum block does not have a oiling passage for the LA type heads but it will work with the magnum type head but you must calculate your lift for 1.6 magnum head the LA runs a 1.5 rocker

-
Back