Return of the Demon!!!

-
I've been thinking about this since breakfast, and it just doesn't make sense.

They need to build a light car, with the 5.9 and sell it for around $20k-$30k maximum. That's what the a bodies were. Honestly, how many guys out there can afford a Hellcat or this new Demon?

No stupid amenities like bluetooth, power windows, anti-lock power brakes, power steering, or any other extraneous crap that adds weight that just isn't needed. I'd buy one, a strippy, radio delete, A/C delete with duster style pop out rear windows.

Will the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Shed a few Pounds for the Drag Strip? - Hot Rod Network
See the link above. It seems as if they are wanting to indeed produce a lighter version of the Challenger. If it is around that 20K-30K price range it will for sure sell like hotcakes. I doubt it though. In fact I'm predicting it will be around the 50K+ range like the Hellcat. We can only hope.

For the record I'd love to own one if it lives up to the hype just like I'd love to own that prototype Ram 1500 TRX with the Hellcat engine. All about cost though...

So apparently they have figured society has degraded enough to try the Demon name again huh?:D

Plagerizing another name for a dollar. I hate it. Plenty of other names they could have used. Next you'll see a Ram- A100 and a Hemi Charger Daytona Bee Swinger edition.

What I've heard is 900 hp and all wheel drive. They can call it a skateboard if they want.

IMG_1396.JPG

I don't understand the marketing ideas here....I mean, is ford planning to offer a Mustang Fairlane, or chevy gonna offer a camaro biscane?

I don't understand the marketing ideas here....I mean, is ford planning to offer a Mustang Fairlane, or chevy gonna offer a camaro biscane?
Was the fairlane or biscayne ever a performance car? Don't think so. Therefore, that's a pretty lousy comparison

I wonder if it will come with "soft Corinthian leather"

Why?
Because...marketing gimmicks, and that's all were talking here

Why?
Gonna come standard with ONLY a drivers seat but a passenger seat is an add on option. There is no option for a rear seat

Was the fairlane or biscayne ever a performance car? Don't think so. Therefore, that's a pretty lousy comparison
So you don't think a 427 Fairlane was a performance car? Or a 425 HP 409 in a biscayne wasn't a performance car? You might think it's a lousy comparison, but I'd say you are lousy at knowing what a performance car is!

Plagerizing another name for a dollar. I hate it. Plenty of other names they could have used. Next you'll see a Ram- A100 and a Hemi Charger Daytona Bee Swinger edition.
Someone who actually "gets it"

The part I don't get, is using 2 separate car names mashed together. I guess they thought it worked ok on a ram "daytona" I always thought it was stupid when someone said "dodge duster" but seems fiat thinks it's a viable marketing idea. Oh well, car sounds like it might be pretty bad ***, so that aspect is pretty cool

So you don't think a 427 Fairlane was a performance car? Or a 425 HP 409 in a biscayne wasn't a performance car? You might think it's a lousy comparison, but I'd say you are lousy at knowing what a performance car is!
Touché. Sorry for not being up to par on brand x stuff

Why?
Hell, they need to have Ricardo Montablan do the ads and give him a crystal key and a pitchfork!

-
Back