Reusable b.b. valvecover gaskets

-

gearjammer340

Reaction score
Pretty common knowledge that you can get them for smallblocks but heres some for the b.b. I just put on our race car.
Part #
062709_13011.jpg

mugshot
062709_12591.jpg

out of the box
062709_13031.jpg

On the engine
062709_13061.jpg

062709_13061-1.jpg

They're polyurethane with a steel core and they seem to work really well, I think they were around 35-40 bucks to the door not cheap but if you buy 2 sets of the black ones you've allready spent more than these go for. Esp cool for the solid cam guys or those who tear down halfway frequently. It's just one more thing you buy once for an engine.
Jr.

Damm those looks like my rockers.
Notice the blue theme.
Good work and they are reusable.

for some reason i couldnt get those morosos to work on my car.

3 different sets of valve covers. Eddy rpm heads .

all leaked

i stuck on some $9 corks , no more leaks. I think my car hates those blue ones ......=P~

Used them on my iron heads,so they should work on the Eldelbrock heads.

I used those gasket too, and they split on my engine. I think i tightened the bolts to much. Also eddy heads.

i use the cork glued to valve cover then put a thin Layer of grese on the other side titen bolts finger tite then 1/4 turn.same gasket for three yr.and yes i ajust my valves alot. But that does look like a good gasket.thanks for the part #s

Try using studs on your heads and don't over tighten and you won't spit the gaskets.
I had no problem with the Moroso valve cover gaskets and my Eldelbrock Heads

After using Fel-Pro rubber gaskets for the longest time I found another gasket by Fel-Pro that is a high heat resistant composite that works great for people who adjust their valves frequently and they run about $16.50 a pair.

Cool, no prob. I just fired a 440/906 last night I built a cpl weeks ago and I used the blue gaskets on the iron heads with aluminum valve covers and they didnt leak, had to change to some chrome valve covers that were taller(baffle clearance issues and I didnt want to take the baffles out of the aluminum valve covers no biggie) and they sealed well with the chrome steel valve covers too.
Jr.

Ok, now all our junk has them on it, so far I've used them on indy heads,edelbrock,stage 6s ,906s, and 452s with no issues leaks so far, just letting you guys know.
Jr.

for some reason i couldnt get those morosos to work on my car.

3 different sets of valve covers. Eddy rpm heads .

all leaked

i stuck on some $9 corks , no more leaks. I think my car hates those blue ones ......=P~

=P~ My buddy runs a 512 stroker and tried to use these and had the same result. He thinks the edelbrock heads are not completly flat on the valve cover boss. I used them on steel J heads on my small block and they worked fine. I ordered the same for my 440 and they will go on some 440 Stealth heads, I will see how they work on those.:profilel:

Biggest common problem I see with valve cover sealing issues are where aftermarket intake port runners are a little taller than stock and tend to hold up the top edge of the valve cover from sealing tight. Either grinding the intake runner or notching the valve cover may be needed. That, and not siliconing the gaskets to the covers. Thicker gaskets sometimes work to overcome the taller port runner issues.

I've no problem using them on Indy,eddy's,Mopar stage 6,Mopar 906.
I have had problems when the rails are not flat,but thats not the gaskets fault.

-
Back