REV Limiter on a 340

-

71duster06

Reaction score
I was looking at the MDS soft touch rev limiter and was wondering if anyone has tried this system or any others. If you have please recomend one or any success stories will be appreciated. Thanks

I was looking at the MDS soft touch rev limiter and was wondering if anyone has tried this system or any others. If you have please recomend one or any success stories will be appreciated. Thanks

I have no experience with the MSD limiter, as I currently run a Mallory ignition box with limiter built in and have had no problems with it. One downside of the MSD setup is the need for individual "pills" to keep track of and loose, thats where I prefer the digital readout of the Mallory box.
I have mine set conservatively at 6500rpm on my decently built 340.
HTH

I have a MSD 7al box, my rev limiter seems a bit low-reads like 500rpm less. No biggie but I got some chips in the 5000 to 6000 rpm range and should have got the 6000-7000 set. Was able to find a 6800 chip on e-bay-so I guess thats 6300. Haven't hit it yet.

Its called "soft touch" but it feels like the motor runs out of gas. Car slows down quite a bit so I don't like hitting it but its there if needed. Would not drive now without it. Can relax and rev the motor a bit higher knowing it cut off if needed.

-
Back