REV-N-NATOR - Thoughts?

-
There is something up with the orange box in those tests. If I saw those differences, I'd look for another orange box, or two, to test and verify the anamolies. The A/F ratios being miles off on the MSD/Orange boxes don't help either.

Might be a good product and has some nice features, but the 40hp deal rubs a little the wrong way IMO.

I never trust magazine articles. You never know what or what they don't do to get the results they want.

Most mopar mags will only run articles about sponsors products. Think you are really going to get an objective opinion with that?

Exactly. I keep tellin people this and they simply will not listen. As long as sponsors dump money into magazines, those editors will sway articles the sponsors way every time.

I guess if it made a tremendous difference we would have heard about on FABO by now. Not just the occasional "I like it", or "it runs good". How can a box give you a bigger bump than a set of headers? I dont mean this rhetorically.

I had one in my Scamp. Car ran great. Everytime I went to start it, it got harder to start. After about 4 times it would not start. Call Charger R/T 4 times, all they said was " they know they are having some start problems and they are just bout done with the new boxes". I got tired of calling them, so I sent it back. Still waiting on my refund. I tried running jumper wires direct from the battery, which did not work. they did try to say my wiring is bad, until I told them the car has a new painless harness..

They actually work really well. Buddy put one on a '69 RR. Car keeps pulling hard on top end & starts, idles better than with the p.o.s. orange box. I'd run one if you could get it. Actually installing an MSD this week so I can get the rev limiter before I blow the car up.

The person that I sold my '74 'Cuda to had someone work on the car afterwards. I think they sort of ripped him off. They convinced him to change cams to the exact same cam I had put in it a few weeks before and they removed the REV-N-ATOR and installed an MSD box instead. I know I hadn't gotten everything dialed in yet but the only REAL issues I was aware of were carb and timing related. He's got the box sitting on a shelf in his garage and I'm sure if someone's interested I could get it for much cheaper than a new one. I doubt it has 50 miles on it. The guy is not very mechanically gifted and tends to farm all work out to others. So whatever the flavor of the moment opinion is that he hears, he tends to go with. It's probably the best deal anyone's ever going to come across on a virtually new one. I'm running MSD boxes on all of my other projects except my 'Lil Red. - And I'm trying to keep the Express all original. - Otherwise I'd buy it myself.

-
Back