reverse "flush" downspout

-

abdywgn

dismantler
Reaction score
I was out cleaning the maple's whirlybirds off the driveway before the next round of rain when a 25 watt light bulb thought went off near my head. How 'bout I use the leaf blower to blow up the downspout and clean stuff out. Well, the garage is your standard size pieces with 4 90's in it and closest to the maple tree. It worked! I got showered with mucky whirlies and sticks but betting the water will flow a little easier. The house has oversize downspouts and the little critters flew up in the air and all around me as they came down. I bet the neighbor next door wondered what the crazy person was doing to cause that.

NO! Safety first, I was using both hands to operate the leaf blower. otherwise, it probably would have gotten away from me.
  • :lol:

I walk on the roof and blow out the gutters with leaf blower from above. Works slick.
The other method its a long pipe and a few elbows. Two story wouldnt be so easy.

No fun in that. neighbors would have nothing to talk about. Not since I used the shop vac to clean the leaves out of the ditch in front of the house. Had people drive by and just about come to a stop...guess they never saw a shop vac before.

...Not since I used the shop vac to clean the leaves out of the ditch in front of the house. Had people drive by and just about come to a stop...guess they never saw a shop vac before.

ha, i use mine for that all the time. also cleaning out the leaves in the cactus planters

that's a good idea! not that we have cactus planters but all the potted flowers and the bed of flowers. Thanks!

I watched a YouTube video where a guy used one to blow in insulation. This would come in handy if you're not buying 20 bags to get the free blower rental.

I was out cleaning the maple's whirlybirds off the driveway before the next round of rain when a 25 watt light bulb thought went off near my head. How 'bout I use the leaf blower to blow up the downspout and clean stuff out. Well, the garage is your standard size pieces with 4 90's in it and closest to the maple tree. It worked! I got showered with mucky whirlies and sticks but betting the water will flow a little easier. The house has oversize downspouts and the little critters flew up in the air and all around me as they came down. I bet the neighbor next door wondered what the crazy person was doing to cause that.
Worked great on downspout of our sunroom. Gutter has only a 1 inch opening. I got hit with water spray- waited to long to stop- but down spout drained out quickly

-
Back