Reverse

-

bbrb133

Reaction score
I have a 1964 barracuda 4-speed my problem is i shift into reverse but the car does not move all other gears, the car moves, also i see oil or transmission fluid on my exhaust pipes running along the transmission any thoughts on what my problem would be. Thanks

Get the car up in the air and check to see that the shifter is actually shifting the transmission into reverse.

What triple-R said for sure and the leak could be from about 9 different places at least. You have to inspect . Jack car up, put on jack stands, put small jack under bellhousing to support motor, unscrew speedometer cable, unplug reverse wires, drain tranny, take four little bolts from driveline straps -drop drive line, pull clips off both ends of all three shift rods and remove, undo sift boot, take two bolts out of shifter and remove, remove four tranny cross member bolts and four tranny to bellhousing bolts and lower out on floor jack - put on work bench and fix :D what ?? Did I miss something ??

jpar we must have been posting at the same time... jpar you were the 1st to address the leak.... no one else said anything about it....

oh hell... maybe i need to learn to read better.... no **** i thought this was an auto.... i will just quietly slink away.....goodbye...i saw transmission fluid ...not gear oil.... bye....transmission/gearbox.... threw me.... 4 speed was the big give away!! lol

Thanks for all the reply's finally got to looking at the problem the pivot bolt had back out enough to keep it from going into reverse.

Attachments

• Barracuda.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 99
-
Back