Reviving a D250

-

TylerW

Reaction score
Hey guys:

I recently bought a Dodge D250 to eventually replace my much newer truck.

I got this thing as a non-runner. It had an old junk carb on it and the fuel pump had been bypassed with one of those cheapo electric pumps.

Before I even tried to get it going I rebuilt the right Quadrajet and spent several days chasing fuel supply issues which turned out to be a bad pump and dry-rotted lines underneath the truck.

Here's the first time cranking it over, although I had about 5 years worth on the starter trying to get gas to flow.Enjoy!

PS, I had to disassemble the column because the key fell out of my pocket and i ended up running it over with the lawnmower.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yvs3K1k5F0"]1986 Dodge D250 first start - YouTube[/ame]

sorry I'm late, the dog ran over my key with the lawn mower and ate my homework :joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker:

I like to rev the crap out of motors when they havent ran in a long time. No really sounded pretty good makes you wonder why they parked just lazy I guess.

I like to rev the crap out of motors when they havent ran in a long time. No really sounded pretty good makes you wonder why they parked just lazy I guess.

I usually never do that but I worked so long to get it to run I wanted to show it I was going to be victorious, as silly as that sounds.

Besides that, the neighbor on one side has a little piss-ant dog that barks at me each time I'm outside, so that was a little payback. Not to worry, the old 360 survived just fine.

-
Back