RHS LA-X heads

-

D-mailman

Reaction score
These new heads from RHS and Indy, The LA-X and the mag version the MA-X. Does anyone know anything about them ? I have e-mailed them twice for flow numbers specific as cast and still no response. They look like a very good casting,...but I don't know anything about them other than their web info. Thanks.

Terry

From talking with the local, he's likely to get a set in the next week or so. Will flowbench them and do some mild port work, bowls, pushrod pinch. He was going to post info about them when they arrived and I'm going over to check them out. Hopefully the chamber is a good design and they look like stockers on the ends. Be a nice stealthy iron head if it looks stock..

Word is they will be available with a good valve job, valves, springs, etc for right at or under 1K. With some porting in the 1300-1400 range.

Sounds like a good potential alternative to the aluminum heads out there.

Just the very info I was looking for. Crackedback..if you could have your head guy take some flow readings in the as cast form and then the after numbers, that would be great. I think they would be a great head for the stroker engines. Bigger port than the LA stock castings but not as big as the W2's. I am excited about these new offerings. Also they are very affordable too. Anyone else have any knowledge they can offer about these new heads ?

Terry

Will do... I'll get a link up when they show up.

Interesting. They sound a little small, but I will be interested to see what sort of numbers your friend comes up with, as I have always found RHS published numbers to be pretty suspect.

-
Back