Rich Christensen's(from PINKS) New TV Show, Won and Done!?

-
Just what we need. Another 30min to see 2 races and 15min of bitching. Gotta factor 14min worth of commercials

Pardon my French but screw that fruity a$$ & uck. He changes the rules after the race has started and screwed some of my friends.

does anyone from chicago remember rich, when pinks first came out, network hype was he was a chicago street racer, back in the day.that's why he was picked for the show.
I am still laughing!

Maaan! such bitterness. I did two of the shows and had the most fun racing iv'e ever had. Rich is a tool and maybe a lot of other Nouns but he did bring the grass roots racers to the forefront, I'm sure Summit and Jegs saw a big boost as well as a lot of Machinist & Venders. Ive seen these posts on other sites and can't figure out why one these "posters" don't put on a show and do better. Id support it and wouldn't bash it..As long as you do the show like i expect!:mrgreen:

Attachments

• IMG_1627.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 221
Maaan! such bitterness. I did two of the shows and had the most fun racing iv'e ever had. Rich is a tool and maybe a lot of other Nouns but he did bring the grass roots racers to the forefront, I'm sure Summit and Jegs saw a big boost as well as a lot of Machinist & Venders. Ive seen these posts on other sites and can't figure out why one these "posters" don't put on a show and do better. Id support it and wouldn't bash it..As long as you do the show like i expect!:mrgreen:

Takes millions to produce a show for a major network, and connections to get the right people on board to support it.

Regarding bringing it to the forefront, I think Dave Freiburger at Hot Rod has done more to help the cause than anyone else.

Takes millions to produce a show for a major network, and connections to get the right people on board to support it.

Regarding bringing it to the forefront, I think Dave Freiburger at Hot Rod has done more to help the cause than anyone else.

I agree... so if the "tool" can do it, one of these guys should be able to it with ease.

Long live the F-Bomb!!

imagine if hotrods drag week got the coverage pinks got!

You guys are funny! Rich is a producer and TV personality dealing with a bunch of whinny racers. I would bet less than 5% of racers could agree on a race without a douche with some money in his hand there to make them "agree to not agree on a fair race". No doubt all reality shows are scripted to some degree.

I do agree with most here, Rich could really give a **** about the people, cars,and races other than the entertainment value. He does however seem to have a niche for making a living producing drag racing shows with corporate funding. His shows do employ local people that might otherwise be unemployed. They also promote safe racing on a track. They more than likely increase interest in the sport drag racing. Lastly the show is mildly entertaining if you like cars and racing.

I think you guys are confusing NHRA racing entertainment with reality show entertainment.:burnout:
I like drag racing shows for what they are entertainment. Doesn't matter to me if its Pinks or a NHRA final.
X2. he doesnt know **** about racing ,but he does know how to produce racing shows. he lets the racers make assholes out of themselves! i'll watch it. :happy1:

I personally can't stand Rich Christensen. He's not a racer or even much of a car guy, yet he takes this position of authority and makes decisions that he should have nothing to do with.

He doesn't even come close to understanding how real street racing takes place and all the games that get played back and forth. He stands at the line and takes the racers lies about the potential of their cars at face value and determines the handicap with a snap decision, not even realizing who's full of **** and who isn't, because he has no idea what he's looking at or listening to when they roll up to the line.

He's an arrogant, ignorant, obnoxious tool that needs to just go away.

Couldn't agree more. As much as I'm a sucker for any show that's "car" related, especially drag racing....Not sure I'd be able to sit through another show with this guy as the host.

I ran one of his Arm Drop live events in 08.
236 cars ran till one won.
$10,000 to the winner.
I made it to the Semi finals where I lost.
I new I wasn't going to get anything for losing,it was no bug deal.
Much to my suprise when Rich tracked me down in the pits and had me come back out to the staging lane to give me a plack for the event.
He spent 5 minutes of his time I even had him sign my hood.

IMGP0860.jpg

IMGP0858.jpg

IMGP0862.jpg

Car in the back ground won the event.
IMGP0861.jpg

I don't need a TV show to run for $10,000.
I ran 3 race's At the Gut in Salem last year.
$10,000 each,you just have to believe and put it on the line.
Got to love Ricers.
Heads up racing,run what you have.

I know I'll get Sh-t for the last part of my post,But it's still out there and alive.

I like Pass Time, too. Who doesn't like to sit in the stands and guess e.t's?

I'm no fan of the arrogant, tough guy approach. That promo has it, just like Pinks did.

BTW, he takes your VIN? Plenty of cars that don't have them, or they change mysteriously.

Any show that has plenty of racing and no tough guys bitching is the way to go. Oh, and by plenty of racing, I don't mean those quick cut scenes, the type where you can't tell what's going on because they flash from one thing to another. I hate that!

The exposure he brings to drag racing is much akin to Vince McMahon's bolstering the image of professional athletics.
Wait a minute......hear me out.
I am not talking WWE or WWF.
Can you say XFL ?
Exactly.
And it was football.........sort of.
Rich is such a tool and I think he tries to make racers look like clowns in his personal carnival.
He can go suck a dump truck full of dog dick for all I care.

-
Back