Rick @ Laysons / GOOD GUY!

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Say what you want about Dave Layson being a creep, but one of his employees, RICK KEESLER, is THE MAN to deal with when ordering. I paid for my trunk panels on the 12th, they were shipped on the 13th, and I recieved them today, the 20th. I dealt with Rick directly and experienced ZERO HASSELS. I got the correct parts in perfect condition. To contact Rick, go over to MOPARTS.COM and do a search. His member name is, belive it or not, Rick@Laysons.

Well, one trunk panel mounting clip is missing a stud. BFD...

eBay091-vi.jpg

Oh, and BTW: They are absolutely %$#@#$% BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! Granted they cost almost 2 months worth of car payments on the GTI... but they are stunning. They weigh about 3 times what the original aluminum panels do being they are stainless steel, and they look like they'll last forever. I'm pleased.

eBay091-vi.jpg

eBay091-vi.jpg

I agree, Rick has been good to me also. I just recieved my carpet hold downs yesterday and they were shipped fast and look nice.

Would you believe there's guys over at MoParts STILL pissing and moaning about how it CAN'T BE that I got good service from Laysons?

Some people just don't want to hear good news....

Thanks guys!!!!

Glad to see they got there OK, and it's good to see my efforts are appreciated!

one decent employee doesnt make for the screw the customer attitude of the owner

I agree Ted but if there is one guy there that we can trust and is a man of his word then you can at least buy the things only Layson's has from him.

It's great that Laysons finally has someone that has some customer service skills (it is a welcome sight Rick). It is an uphill battle though to correct years of arrogant behavoir. I had several dealings with Dave re: restoring a couple of pieces that literally took over a year to get back to me and purchasing parts that were in stock one day and then back ordered the next. I am a patient person but I do not like to be deceived. I am surprised that it took them this long to figure out that they needed a new face/name to attempt to clean up their reputation. I am still reeling from my past dealings and still will only do cash & carry transactions with Laysons at shows. I stopped doing mail business with them several years ago (as I have done with Frank Mitchell and those who have done me wrong/deceived me in the past).

Fastback340, I am glad your purchase worked out for you and it is nice that you are championing Rick & Laysons but please realize that although you had a good experience there are alot of people out there that have not. Rick, again, I wish you good luck with your endeavors and welcome to FABO.

I think we're just giving Rick cudos, Dave still needs work. Im still waiting for tail lights (over a year now), which i know Laysons makes, but im also waiting on a few other items that Dave advertises as having in production in his catalog, but i found out finally after a year hes not even making them yet. Its a good thing im in no rush for these items.

Want to know the funny part of all this? I've had such miserable luck with my car in the past, the one thing EVERYONE universally agrees on being a problem was hassle-free for me.

Go figure....8)

Call Rick if your doing a first-time order. He's doing the right thing amongst all the non-sense Laysons is notourious for.

BTW: I'm going to go bolt them on if a little while. Pictures later tonight.

I'd PM Rick through his screen name here. I dealt with him directly through MoParts via e-mail.

Hi and congrats on the deal working so well for you.I am curious to know however what your method of payment was.It was mentioned in another thread about Laysons here on FABO to pay with a credit card.I am still in total agreement with this.It creates a traceable papertrail and you have the option of approaching your credit card holders with ANY sort of non delivery.Trust me when I say;This gets action on the part of Visa or whomever!They akin it to fraud when a customer gets gipped and WILL follow it up.Laysons would have very good motivation for getting ANY credit card transaction right...

Hi and congrats on the deal working so well for you.I am curious to know however what your method of payment was.It was mentioned in another thread about Laysons here on FABO to pay with a credit card.I am still in total agreement with this.It creates a traceable papertrail and you have the option of approaching your credit card holders with ANY sort of non delivery.Trust me when I say;This gets action on the part of Visa or whomever!They akin it to fraud when a customer gets gipped and WILL follow it up.Laysons would have very good motivation for getting ANY credit card transaction right...

I used my PayPal account.

Here's the panels test fitted to the rump of my fish.
Barracuda426-vi.jpg

Barracuda426-vi.jpg

Barracuda426-vi.jpg

Honesty is what Laysons is lacking. If you dont have a part, say so. If you cant deliver it in a timely manner, say so.
Nothing is more frustrating than being told a part is "in stock" and then not recieving it.
I own a 66 Valiant that I am restoring. I passed on another one because I am tired of trying to find a parts supplier.

BTW, Rick. If you have the front and rear floor pans for a 66 Valiant IN STOCK and you can personally promise me they will ship immediately, I will place an order with you.

It still surprises me that Dave Layson can show his face at a Mopar show.
If I ticked off as many people as he has, I would go to the Super Chevy show. LOL

very nice. i just ordered some armrests. we'll see if this guy comes through.

-
Back