Right in my back yard ?

-

71 Dart

Reaction score
The weather is super lousy, the super bowl was hours away, I had visited all my regular sites on the puter,..........and then.........bored. So I got on E-bay just to look. Anyway there is a 69 Dart GTS listed, a survivor car with 2,580 miles. A 340 with a 4 speed and 4 bl. WOW, current bid is $47,600 + and reserve is not yet met ! The car is located probably within a 5 minute drive from me if it is indeed within the city limits, a bit farther if within our zip code area. I've lived here for over 12 years and have never seen the car or heard of such a car, no idea who owns it. She sure is pretty, just thought some of you guys might want to take a look see............ :coffee2:

I've been following this car on Ebay... It's nice for sure but I question the miles, maybe just me. Minor motor changes?? Car was bought for him in 68 at the age of 17 and he never got around to driving it much?? Not saying it's not all true but for the money it's getting I'd would want alot of documents !!

I know if I had something like this when I was 17 ....look out town !!!
All that said it is one nice car...

:wav:

I really didn't get the feeling neccessarily that the car was bought for him, but perhaps so? And like I said I do not know anything about the car or owner. However there is a guy in a neighboring little town that has family living here, and his mother just passed away a few weeks ago. Now this guy has a lot of Mopars and Mopar stuff and a lot of $$$$ and I know for a fact that he has a 70 Hemi Charger sitting in an old garage here that hasn't been driven for years. It too is all original, sadly though if you walked into this garage (actually more like a small barn) and didn't know the car was in there you wouldn't see it. It is under a car cover and boxes and bags and even some parts are sitting on the car. Not the way I'd take care of it, but he has said he is just letting it sit there, it will be a part of his retirement fund some day.

Yea, like I said the car is really looks nice but I just thought that if it was in a heated and AC garage that the motor would look better. I know it's 38 yrs old but the brake booster looks all rusty for just 2580 miles, to me anyways.

It could sit in my garage anytime....but not for $47,601 ++

check out the photos there is a speedometer on the hump beside the after market gauges. the original speedo disconnected?????????? my replacement monotor came today looks like a tach not speedo

-
Back