Right Stuff Detailing Mopar Disc Brake Spindle Recall

-

MuuMuu101

Reaction score
So I got a certified letter today from Right Stuff Detailing stating,

"TRSD has received one report stating that one DBSP03 Mopar Wheel Spindle has failed in the field. Failure did not result in a crash, any vehicle damage or injury

We have no specific indication that your particular part(s) are faulty... so we are conducting a voluntary recall... as a cautionary measure.

TRSD has identified and is obtaining replacement wheel spindles that will be providing to customers free of charge. These Wheel Spindles are manufactured with an improved process, which is an upgrade. We trust that you will find them a suitable replacement."

I ordered these through Dr. Diff. Apparently it applies to all spindles ordered between Jan 21, 2014 and Sep 23, 2014.

This really screwed up my afternoon as I was planning on getting started with my front disc brake installation today and am now delayed again (as if my schedule wasn't busy enough). I called them and the phones are off due to the weekend. They say we get new spindles for free, but they don't mention anything about paying for shipping.

At least you don't have to uninstall them like a lot of folks.

At least you don't have to uninstall them like a lot of folks.

Yeah, I'm thankful for that. Sucks for the guys who have to tear apart their cars, wait for the new spindles to come in, reinstall them, and possibly have to get a realignment.

Samy,

I have a receipt here that belongs to you from Dr. Diff. Give me a call so I can get your address so I can mail it to you. It's from when I built your gears, July 1st of this year.

Russ.

Samy,

I have a receipt here that belongs to you from Dr. Diff. Give me a call so I can get your address so I can mail it to you. It's from when I built your gears, July 1st of this year.

Russ.

I sent you a pm.

The mail has already been here today. I'll mail it out Monday to you. Thought you might want it, I found it on my desk.

Russ.

So has anyone heard anything on getting their spindles replaced yet?

So has anyone heard anything on getting their spindles replaced yet?

I purchased mine from Dr Diff. I had to send it back to Right Stuff Detailing and I sent the tracking number to Dr Diff. Once it arrived there, he shipped me a new set that is "improved." Apparently there was a heat treat issue. I believe a spindle broke where the journal bearing goes.

-
Back