Ripped off

-
ply30, if you're truly going to reimburse both of these guys, my hat's off to you. Although there's been a lot of drama here I think that more than one of us may have learned a thing or two.

I for one will definitely advise insurance to anybody I ship to and I'm more likely to pay for it on anything I receive.

Because more than one person responded on this thread about the quality of packaging, I know I'll be more careful about how I package the things I ship.

I'm sure none of you guys are here to make enemies. There are plenty of Chebby sites that it would be more fun to do that on.

When all is said and done you (if you follow through ply30) will have lost some bucks on those transactions. - Not the end of the world. It sounds like better packaging might have prevented this. I hope you recoup as much of your money as you can from the post office. Good luck to all.

Am I correct in that the Post Office automatically insures for $50 and if you want any more than that, you have to pay for any additional?

Am I correct in that the Post Office automatically insures for $50 and if you want any more than that, you have to pay for any additional?
Yes. The insurance through USPS is only really good if the package is lost or run over by the truck any other event and they blame improper packing.

Now that you have kept this can of worms brewing for 8 pages, you might also consider sending a refund to nwdart.

FWIW, part still shows NOT DELIVERED.

Screen shot as of 12:48 am CST

Attachments

• Pic 02.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 294
ply30, if you're truly going to reimburse both of these guys, my hat's off to you. Although there's been a lot of drama here I think that more than one of us may have learned a thing or two.

I for one will definitely advise insurance to anybody I ship to and I'm more likely to pay for it on anything I receive.

Because more than one person responded on this thread about the quality of packaging, I know I'll be more careful about how I package the things I ship.

I'm sure none of you guys are here to make enemies. There are plenty of Chebby sites that it would be more fun to do that on.

When all is said and done you (if you follow through ply30) will have lost some bucks on those transactions. - Not the end of the world. It sounds like better packaging might have prevented this. I hope you recoup as much of your money as you can from the post office. Good luck to all.
Yes sir refunds will be going out to both of them and including the broken tail light.
Also I tried saying it wasent deliverd yet way back on the first or second page and told him that on the phone. If that's the case and he don't go to the post office 13 days from now it will be sent back to me. Also If in fact it is at the post office I would not expect my money back would just like a aplogy for the actions that could have prevented if he listed to me on the phone. Only time will tell.
I also have learned I will be taking more per cautions on the packages I ship whitch I will be sending pictures to the buyers of the part wrapped up before it goes into the box and while it is in the box before tape and also after the tape is put on. That way if the part is deliverd damaged there will be no more "it's your fault for a shitty package job" the buyer will see how it will be delivered to them and with that said we will have = responsibility in the package job. Some may ask "how does the buyer have the = responsibility if the seller does the boxing" well if the buyer sees the item before during and after entering the box and gives it a "OK" to send it to me it is packaged to their standards and with that they should have no issues in helping file a claim If somthing were to happen.

Yes, The use of USPS Priority Mail includes $50.00 worth of insurance coverage and free tracking. You can purchase additional amounts if desired. As an example I recently sent 2 packages of trunk trim and rocker spears from Pennsylvania to California. I paid $3.30 for $200.00 insurance coverage for the spears and $8.00 for $500.00 of coverage for the trunk trim. Both packages arrived undamaged. The only comment/complaint from the receiver was that it took him half an hour to open the packages.

The reason I want all the parts back is because he told me multiple times before he sent pictures but he never sent them... Simple way to fix the issue is send all the parts back for the full refund. He did not want to claim the shippin insurance that I had and offerd the help to do so it should not fall back on me.

Listen here, I work 12 hour shifts, I do not have to to jump and get pictures. Here are the pictures that prove you did not rap the package right and you owe me my refund. I did not use paypal to pay for this item.

Attachments

• 100_1376.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 271
  • 100_1377.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 280
  • 100_1378.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 262
  • 100_1379.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 274
Yes sir refunds will be going out to both of them and including the broken tail light.
Also I tried saying it wasent deliverd yet way back on the first or second page and told him that on the phone. If that's the case and he don't go to the post office 13 days from now it will be sent back to me. Also If in fact it is at the post office I would not expect my money back would just like a aplogy for the actions that could have prevented if he listed to me on the phone. Only time will tell.
I also have learned I will be taking more per cautions on the packages I ship whitch I will be sending pictures to the buyers of the part wrapped up before it goes into the box and while it is in the box before tape and also after the tape is put on. That way if the part is deliverd damaged there will be no more "it's your fault for a shitty package job" the buyer will see how it will be delivered to them and with that said we will have = responsibility in the package job. Some may ask "how does the buyer have the = responsibility if the seller does the boxing" well if the buyer sees the item before during and after entering the box and gives it a "OK" to send it to me it is packaged to their standards and with that they should have no issues in helping file a claim If somthing were to happen.
You are responsible for good usable parts, not a refund!These guys had the money before your agreements.They traded money for parts, insurance is bought with the understanding that if the contents are lost broken-unusable- the payment will be used to replace the contents.Buyers have the right to demand the full execution of the original agreement.You have no right to withhold payment or replacement,whichever the buyer demands.

hopefully this gets resolved so all parties can rest. I just have one thing to add. If the envelope with the payment for the parts arrived and it was empty how would you feel, and who would you blame for that????? :violent1:

hopefully this gets resolved so all parties can rest. I just have one thing to add. If the envelope with the payment for the parts arrived and it was empty how would you feel, and who would you blame for that????? :violent1:
That has happend to me before from a guy I'm Texas about a month ago. He sent me 125 for a road runner grille the ENVOLOPE was opened an stapled back togather empty. He used a personal check and he went to the post office showed them pictures of the check and stated it was missing and it was also 2 weeks late the check was not cashed so the guy canceld the check and the post office offerd to pay the $50 insurance on it a he paid for one of their ENVOLOPEs to get a tracking number.
Same situation as this no one to blame but the post office.

And for you idiots who honestly want to keep it going by saying "you owe him a usable part" one minute you tell me refund him whitch I am going to do if he gives me his paypal... Then once I say I'll refund him you tell me "you need to provide him with a usable part?

It's a center link?
Next time just send the link and keep the box. (That's a joke, not an accusation)
What's it going to do, get damaged in shipping without being in a box?
You could beat someone over the head with it and not damage it.
The link, not the head.
Use center links for the duel.

Time again, this is one of the reasons I don't sell on here.
But that's just me, I guess.

Attachments

• anvil.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 240
  • mace.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 224
That has happend to me before from a guy I'm Texas about a month ago. He sent me 125 for a road runner grille the ENVOLOPE was opened an stapled back togather empty. He used a personal check and he went to the post office showed them pictures of the check and stated it was missing and it was also 2 weeks late the check was not cashed so the guy canceld the check and the post office offerd to pay the $50 insurance on it a he paid for one of their ENVOLOPEs to get a tracking number.
Same situation as this no one to blame but the post office.

And for you idiots who honestly want to keep it going by saying "you owe him a usable part" one minute you tell me refund him whitch I am going to do if he gives me his paypal... Then once I say I'll refund him you tell me "you need to provide him with a usable part?
It's VERY obvious what an honest man will do.If someone had not started this thread you would never have given these guys a second thought.

It's VERY obvious what an honest man will do.If someone had not started this thread you would never have given these guys a second thought.
First of all I told NW dart when it first happend to send me pictures. He never did. Therefore we could not get the insurance money.
This guy I was trying to help him get the part or insurance money from the post office but as you can see he would not help.

The way I see it here, Justin is trying his best to appease both parties by offering refunds, which shows his character. It also shows someone's true character when someone is not willing to work together to get these issues resolved, which neither of the buyers seems to be willing to do!

To 68dodge...if you work such long hours and don't have time to work with Justin to get this resolved, how did you find the time to start a thread immedietly upon receiving the box and bad mouth the guy and call him a crook for sending an empty box! Its clear to most that he sent out the part, but for the first 6 pages here you still insist that he sent an empty box and he is a scammer!! It's also clear by your attitude that you don't want to work to get this resolved and would instead like to continue to bash the guy for his packaging instead of working with him to get your refund and him his insurance! You would prefer him to be out the part and just get your money back? And not help him get his insurance? And hang up the phone on him and still expect him to do all the legwork and take all the heat?? See, I would offer you one of the center links I have in replacement for the lost one, but not under these circumstances, no way, not with your attitude!!

And to nwdart, if it is such a big deal to you now, then why would write it off 2 months ago and not mention a single thing about it until now, then try to fry the guy in the same pan! Im sure Justin has sold dozens of parts since then, why wait if he's such a horrible seller and let others possibly get burned by a bad seller? Sounds like a similar scenario to me, and once again cooperation wouldve gone a long way to getting both issues resolved!

And to anyone who thinks that once the buyer sends the money, he has done his part and its all on the seller from there, as has been mentioned above! That's the problem with this entire thread, no cooperation after the sale! There has been an easy way to get this resolved for the past 3 days...cooperation!!! Not snotty messages and hang ups, not write offs and blame placing, simple cooperation!! Why is it not being used to resolve this?? You both send him what he needs for the insurance claim, he sends you your refunds!! How hard is that? You both seem to forget that he was trying to get you the parts you wanted/needed and this is how it turned out for all? Disgusting!!!

I applaud ply30 for trying to get this resolved. hopefully everyone will learn something from all this. its just ashamed that it took a 9 page thread to do it. I guess sometimes that's what it takes.

ply30, im glad you are hanging tough in here trying to do the right thing. you get a big thumbs up from me. you really should work on your packing skills LOL

I applaud ply30 for trying to get this resolved. hopefully everyone will learn something from all this. its just ashamed that it took an 9 page thread to do it. I guess sometimes that's what it takes.

ply30, im glad you are hanging tough in here trying to do the right thing. you get a big thumbs up from me. you really should work on your packing skills LOL
Thanks bud. It has been tough for me seems like every thing went down hill all at once.. But theres reasons for it and it just makes a person stronger.
As my packaging skills I am going to use the skills that was said in the thread as they seem to work! Now I see what poor packaging can cause and I will prevent it to the best of my ability now.

The way I see it here, Justin is trying his best to appease both parties by offering refunds, which shows his character. It also shows someone's true character when someone is not willing to work together to get these issues resolved, which neither of the buyers seems to be willing to do!

To 68dodge...if you work such long hours and don't have time to work with Justin to get this resolved, how did you find the time to start a thread immedietly upon receiving the box and bad mouth the guy and call him a crook for sending an empty box! Its clear to most that he sent out the part, but for the first 6 pages here you still insist that he sent an empty box and he is a scammer!! It's also clear by your attitude that you don't want to work to get this resolved and would instead like to continue to bash the guy for his packaging instead of working with him to get your refund and him his insurance! You would prefer him to be out the part and just get your money back? And not help him get his insurance? And hang up the phone on him and still expect him to do all the legwork and take all the heat?? See, I would offer you one of the center links I have in replacement for the lost one, but not under these circumstances, no way, not with your attitude!!

And to nwdart, if it is such a big deal to you now, then why would write it off 2 months ago and not mention a single thing about it until now, then try to fry the guy in the same pan! Im sure Justin has sold dozens of parts since then, why wait if he's such a horrible seller and let others possibly get burned by a bad seller? Sounds like a similar scenario to me, and once again cooperation wouldve gone a long way to getting both issues resolved!

And to anyone who thinks that once the buyer sends the money, he has done his part and its all on the seller from there, as has been mentioned above! That's the problem with this entire thread, no cooperation after the sale! There has been an easy way to get this resolved for the past 3 days...cooperation!!! Not snotty messages and hang ups, not write offs and blame placing, simple cooperation!! Why is it not being used to resolve this?? You both send him what he needs for the insurance claim, he sends you your refunds!! How hard is that? You both seem to forget that he was trying to get you the parts you wanted/needed and this is how it turned out for all? Disgusting!!!

x2

He also needs their help to document the packaging to submit the insurance claims. They don't seem willing to help him, so he will be out the money and the part....

[ame]http://youtu.be/1sONfxPCTU0[/ame]

Justin I am glad to see you are a stand up guy and refunding funds to all these guys. I hope in turn they will be stand up guys and help you get your money from USPS. Shame 68Dodge started this thread in such a negative way instead of trying to work this out. Justin you are a stand up guy and I would buy from you. Hang tuff.

Thanks you guys! As of right now it looks as I will be out of the money and parts but **** happens. I have sent one refund to NW dart and the other two will be sent out Monday.
As you can see I was willing to resolve the issue with out the use of this thread but he wanted no parts of that. The only thing I asked of him today was if he could go to the post office or get me the number to the post office so I can call them up there I would like to get to the bottem of why it Is still showing "not deliverd" that has been my question this whole time as why it says that.
Thanks , justin

Glad to see that you are a stand up guy. We need more people like you around here as some people don't really seem to care what other people think of them.

68dodge, you're getting your refund. Stop being a drama trailer queen. Crap like this happens in life, this must have been your first reality check, you had no way to approach this but to cry and run to your computer log on to FABO and bash on ply30. This is middle school teenager crap, "little heather logging into Facebook and attacking her bf for kissing the guy she likes." I'm sorry for being harsh, every page on this forum is a mirror image of the previous page.

Thanks you guys! As of right now it looks as I will be out of the money and parts but **** happens. I have sent one refund to NW dart and the other two will be sent out Monday.
As you can see I was willing to resolve the issue with out the use of this thread but he wanted no parts of that. The only thing I asked of him today was if he could go to the post office or get me the number to the post office so I can call them up there I would like to get to the bottem of why it Is still showing "not deliverd" that has been my question this whole time as why it says that.
Thanks , justin

This shows to be the post office information for zip code Johnstown, PA 15905.

Johnstown Post Office

1079 Franklin St
Johnstown, PA 15905

Phone: (814) 535-1833
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 9:00am-3:30pm Sat 9:00am-4:30pm Sun closed

Here is the information for the post office that the tracking number shows it was processed through in Johnstown Pa. 15901.

Johnstown Post Office

111 Franklin St Rm 105
Johnstown, PA 15901

Phone: (814) 533-6141
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 7:45am-5:00pm Sat 9:00am-12:00pm Sun closed

68dodge, you're getting your refund. Stop being a drama trailer queen. Crap like this happens in life, this must have been your first reality check, you had no way to approach this but to cry and run to your computer log on to FABO and bash on ply30. This is middle school teenager crap, "little heather logging into Facebook and attacking her bf for kissing the guy she likes." I'm sorry for being harsh, every page on this forum is a mirror image of the previous page.

Uh-huh...

And if the thread wasn't started, the seller wouldn't have gotten a reality check of his own, like learning how to package parts correctly, stop screaming like a little girl that it's all USPS's fault, and how to step up the plate and accept some blame in all this.

The harshness only works one way...right? Only one person got a reality check...right?

Threads like this can enlightening and a lesson can be learned by all.

I do not think it was the last center link in the world , and seems to me he is doing his best to solve the problem .You are getting a refund , the actually had no need to be posted here .Sh"" happens in shipping . Good luck to both parties .

next time I order from Summitt, I'm gonna tell them my box was empty.
seems to have worked here, lol
buyer claimed he recieved empty box, maybe he did, probably.
did seller send empty box, maybe, probably not.
in the future, let's not jump to conclusions so quick.
I will bet 65 bucks the part will show up

-
Back