Rms or magnumforce front suspension kit???

-

dodge29

Reaction score
In the early stage of building a new toy, looking for serious handling abilities, 500+hps, high cube small block, back to a Tremec and full float rear 9 inch, sorry guys, dont care for 8 3/4, too much hassle, way cheaper to build a 9inch + already have a brand new grand national rear end, complete including a Gold trak, looking at RMS and Magnumforce coil over, complete suspension kits, which one and why????????

and is there anyone else making a quality complete kit????

not talking about a parade car, but a very serious daily driver with occasional blast on a road course, definitelly looking to kick some Porshe club heynnie.....
Dodge29

RMS front end! Bar None! It's the absolute best...I'm not a fan of magnum force's kit at all...I live 30 minutes from that company...I saw their kit in person, it looks neat, but I just don't like how it supports alot of the cars weight on the shock towers. Of course mangun force makes a re-enforcement kit for that, but I say NO. do not use magnum force stuff. I have read so many horror stories of that stuff. Bill at Reilly Motorsports has the best aftermarket suspension kits available. period. I have one for my 70 dart..Not installed yet, but everything is very top notch stuff, and made beautifully...There are many people on this site who have one, and love it....I have heard NOTHING bad about the alterkation....

Bill's stuff is top notch. I only have his UCA's and strut rods, but if I went full-tilt, it would be an AlterKtion.

RMS. no ifs ands or buts....

why? search the mopar forums for both set ups.. you will never see one bad word about the RMS set up or their customer service. but you will find all kind of negative posts about magnumforce and how they don't fit, poor geometry, poor welds, shock towers are not supported and were never intended to support the weight of the car. the frame will start to actually twist because of this. magnumforce now has a bar that welds to the firewall and front frame to help with that but it is really only a bandaid fix for a poor design. the RMS kit has new shock mounts built right into it.

do your self a favor and buy the RMS set up and be done with it. i do highly recommend the power steering option. well worth the little extra money.

im sold, RMS is the way I was leaning anyway, going with the front and rear kit, the power in this project is a very serious ex stock car engine, reworked for the street....purpose built race car with license plates.....
thanks
Luke

im sold, RMS is the way I was leaning anyway, going with the front and rear kit, the power in this project is a very serious ex stock car engine, reworked for the street....purpose built race car with license plates.....
thanks
Luke

What is the cost of a RMS front end set up???

I can't speak for the other kits, but I am very happy with my AlterKation. Fit perfect and very high quality. Not cheap at $5k but worth it.

RMS, I've had ZERO problems with it so far, rides great, easy to install, best tech support in the industry!

-
Back