Road course guys please advise

-

CanadianGT

Reaction score
so I've been rebuilding my 68 Dart gt(in my sig) and it's a decent car theres a bit of rot(torsion bar mounts, rear bumper mount, quarter panels, the base were the door hinges mount to is a little rotted. The front floor pans are pretty rotten as well.

I picked up a 68 Dart 270 4 dr that I intended to donate parts to my 2 dr.But I'm pulling this car apart and theres hardly any rot at all in any of the floors. I'm building my car to be a road course/street car and I'm wondering if it would be worth the effort of swaping my 2 dr parts(doors, roof etc.) over to the 4 dr and making it a 111" 2 dr. It's alot of effort for ether car but I'm just trying to think which one would be the better racecar?

Boy if that car in the pic is your "68" gt {me thniks its a 69} I would look for a rust free "southern" car to use as a chassie doner and use anything good ie: interior,glass,bumpers,etc from your car to complete it. I moved from n.michigan to texas and there are deals on "bodies" down here that are worth looking in to. for a roadracer u need a solid foundation to start with.

Boy if that car in the pic is your "68" gt {me thniks its a 69} I would look for a rust free "southern" car to use as a chassie doner and use anything good ie: interior,glass,bumpers,etc from your car to complete it. I moved from n.michigan to texas and there are deals on "bodies" down here that are worth looking in to. for a roadracer u need a solid foundation to start with.

It's a 68. It just has 69 fenders on it.

Personally, I think the 2 door would be a better choice for road courses. I haven't seen many 4 doors out there yet. Mainly 2 doors.

-
Back