road rated slicks

-

Reaction score
Hi all i am planning on taking my 1969 dart swinger to the track this summer .It is a restored 340 4 speed car. Still running the 4 inch bolt pattern. has anybody used these tires and what size of a rim should i be looking for . I found a set of 15 inch x 7 small bolt rims on Ebay for a good deal how big of a tire can i use for this rim? Or should i try and find an 8 inch rim . Also what size of an offset should i be looking for to fit properly under the car. Does anybody out there have a set of tires and rims small bolt pattern that they want to part with for a reasonable price.
regards

I know on my barracuda it has 14x7 in rims, ive got 235\60r14s on my car, i dunno how much wider i can go, it says under the wheel and tire section, what size of tires people have put on stock cars/rims

Hi all i am planning on taking my 1969 dart swinger to the track this summer .It is a restored 340 4 speed car. Still running the 4 inch bolt pattern. has anybody used these tires and what size of a rim should i be looking for . I found a set of 15 inch x 7 small bolt rims on Ebay for a good deal how big of a tire can i use for this rim? Or should i try and find an 8 inch rim . Also what size of an offset should i be looking for to fit properly under the car. Does anybody out there have a set of tires and rims small bolt pattern that they want to part with for a reasonable price.
regards

You can safely mount 255-60x15's to those wheels and I'd go with ET Street Radials for the track. To make sure that they will fit in the wheel well you'll need to know the offset of the wheels you're buying and take a ton of measurements or quicker yet try to scrounge an old 255-60 and a tire shop and mount it and try for fit in the wheel well. Remember that the rearend width might not be stock original so you can never be sure till you try.

Terry

I'm running a 26x8.5 14 slicks on rally wheels with the small bolt pattern. They have 4.25 backspacing. Make sure your wheels you are looking have that much but not any more backspacing. You will rub the springs unless you moved them in. Jeff

i have a set for sale 28 x 11.5 hoosier street/strip slicks uesed only for 10 km just to and from tire place , if u need them message me for details

For a nice safe fit under your wheelhouse I'd go with a BFG drag radial 235/60/15. I have run those on a 7 inch rim b4 with very good success. My car would 60' 1.55-1.62 with those tires on and get good mileage on street use. Oh yeah they also have a 26" diameter almost the same as factory and not interfering with gearing or speedo in most instances.

thanks for the input. I have heard the bfg drag radials are good. I am running
225/60/14 bfg radials right now, on stock ralleys.anybody racing with 3.23 gears. what times are you turning.

my 71 Demon 360 4 speed with 3.23 gears turned a best of 13.5 with street tires.

My car has a SBP 8 3/4" rear in it. I bought SBP 15 X 8 mopar ralley rims from summit racing. They were made by Wheel vintiques, I looked them up at their website and then used the part number to priced them around and found Summit had best total price including shipping.

They are 15" x 8" with 4.5" back spacing. I run 26.0/9.0 X 15 Hooiser drag slicks. The look sort of small but the short diameter helps make my 3:91 gear work. They used to be real close to the rear springs (tires actually rubbed a little) until I installed "green" bearings on the axles which moved the tires out just enough to clear the springs.

They offer the mopar rally wheel in 14 and 15 inch diameters in widths of 6, 7 & 8 inches.

I eventually want to upgrade the Dart to BBP axles & Weld Wheel Draglites, but will still keep these rally wheels for use with my 67 cuda..

Bob

I checked on the summit site , best deals for sure , the big problem for me is shipping cost to me in Canada basically doubles the cost of the rims. I will look around locally and see what i can find or maybe i can trade, thanks for all the input, it helps a lot.

for in canada check Mopac....they sell the same as summit and jegs...and shipping is free over $500,ore bestbuy in calgary..shipping free over $300

-
Back