Road Trip Today!!!

-

dustermaniac

Reaction score
Getting ready to leave to travel to Staunton Va to fix a range hood. I will not need much as for tools to do this repair. Just basic hand tools only so I just fired up the Duster for the 560 mile round trip. Should be a nice ride with sunshine and temps in the 40-50 degree range. I will take some pics with my cell phone and post em' up here later when I get back. Should be a nice run for my car and it's always good to get out in the classic ride and hit the highway. Plenty of cruising music to bring with me and a ride to a place I have never been to! See you all later.

Enjoy!! Sounds like a great day and some good time in your Duster today :cheers:

Wish I could road trip.... 4:56 gears... GearVenders overdrive? Honey can we afford.... Need to make house payment huh. Ok honey, maybe 2015?

Wish I could road trip.... 4:56 gears... GearVenders overdrive? Honey can we afford.... Need to make house payment huh. Ok honey, maybe 2015?

That's when you go out and get yourself a set of 3.23 just for street use. Then when your ready for the track, put those 4.56 back in (assuming you have a 8 3/4 rearend)

Well I got home last night around 10:00 P.M. Was a great trip UNTIL I was about 62 miles from home. Rear passengers tire blew out at 75MPH on 95 South. Since I have a fuel cell mounted in the trunk I did not have a spare. The good thing is the Qtr panel did not suffer any damage as a result of the blowout and I was able to get the car over to the breakdown lane rather quickly and safely. I guess those Goodyear Polyglas repop tires from Coker are not that good after all. Looks like the sidewall blew out. So after the $220.00 tow home on the flatbed, I got home and called it a day. I've got a couple pics from the mountains I will post up later. I need to get them from my phone into the computer. Otherwise the car ran great, Oh well!!

I only got a couple of pics on the Blue Ridge Parkway. First two were of the beautiful scenery and the last is of the blow out I got on the way home. Just Ordered 2 new BF Goodrich 60's for the car this morning.I will be replacing the front two with 2 BF Goodrich tires also. Guess the Goodyear Polyglas cant handle long trips. These Polyglas tires were ordered new from Coker not even a year ago.

Attachments

• Jan14_003.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Jan14_001.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Jan16_001.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 114
A bummer but thankfully you and your Duster are unharmed! Maybe you can find a mini-spare you can toss in the back for long trips?

Yeah I was wondering what mini spare from what Chrysler vehicle would be compatible to fit my car??? Anyone know?

Glad you save it and stayed on the road and did not hurt the car, I am thinking mini van.

Man that sucks! Could have been worse I guess. Does coker offer any type of warranty at all?

-
Back