Rock auto

-

Bigdummy

Not a Nova
Reaction score
I cant get a hold of the to give them the middle finger.Never ordering again.its a week late after I paid to get it hear faster.

I was lucky nothing was broke it was a box of e wipers for the warden car.it was bored by a moron.

The USPS is so slow right now and their handling of packages is terrible. I have been waiting on a package from Detroit Muscle Technology which is only about 20 miles from my house and it's going on three weeks now, I could have walked there and back by now. It is a waste of money paying for quicker shipping time because it is not going to happen and there is absolutely nothing that you can do about it. Rock auto has no control over it either, it's just the USPS at their best.

I’ve never had trouble with USPS. I ship thru the mail almost everyday. A member sent me some 15x10 steelies from Washington State on a Monday and I got them the following Monday. The shipping was outrageous though. Kim

The USPS is so slow right now and their handling of packages is terrible. I have been waiting on a package from Detroit Muscle Technology which is only about 20 miles from my house and it's going on three weeks now, I could have walked there and back by now. It is a waste of money paying for quicker shipping time because it is not going to happen and there is absolutely nothing that you can do about it. Rock auto has no control over it either, it's just the USPS at their best.
next time I deliver a new trailer to them I'm going on Vacation in route

I just had thre different packages sent to me by Rock Auto. 2 were on time , third was 3 days late. Ok with me. I save more money with them so I’ll be patient.

next time I deliver a new trailer to them I'm going on Vacation in route
Do what they do. Send it right past the destination to a city hundreds of miles away then let it sit, then send it everywhere but its destination, then finally to its destination city, mark it out for delivery only to find its a thousand miles away.

I suppose I am pretty fortunate. So far, I have not had any trouble with RockAuto. Although I have seen plenty of people who have.

I ship most of the small parts USPS and usually no issues. I am waiting on four packages right now, three from eBay and one from Detroit Muscle and the last tracking up-dates on them were 12/3 and all four say they are in route but expected delivery will be late. All were ordered in November. I have one coming from North Carolina to Michigan and on December 3rd was the last up-date on that in transit arriving late from Walnut California 91789 really from NC to CAL to Michigan? The one from Detroit Muscle is going on 3 weeks and they are only 20 miles from me. USPS at their finest.

I suppose I am pretty fortunate. So far, I have not had any trouble with RockAuto. Although I have seen plenty of people who have.
I had one issue with RA, a speedometer cable that was listed in their on line catalogue as fitting a 68 Barracuda that did not. I left a detailed voice message ‘ for the attendent’ on the RA customer service line. With in an hour I got a call back from a live person at RA. They refunded the money I spent for the part and shipping and corrected their catalog. I posted details on that RA transaction here on FABO.
FWIIW, if I need something right away, I always buy it across the counter.
If it is for a project out in the future, I price compare including shipping when applicable, usually between RA, Summitt, AZ, NAPA,,
No one seller always has the best price. With that, if the difference is small I buy from Summitt. Their customer service is the best.

Last edited:
Do what they do. Send it right past the destination to a city hundreds of miles away then let it sit, then send it everywhere but its destination, then finally to its destination city, mark it out for delivery only to find its a thousand miles away.
Someone here must work at USPS.
I got a red X.
Seems.there is an entire trailer missing. They "can't" find it.

If rockauto offers a better price on anything I need, I simply order it from Summit and have them price match. Plus, I get it a lot quicker that way too. It's a win-win IMO.

I've never had a problem with Rock Auto, I usually get it shipped FedEx ground, price is not much different most of the time and the last one was delivered a day early.

My only issue with Rock Auto is when I order parts and they try ship them out of 4 different warehouses. I don’t wanna pay 4 shipping costs just the 1.

My only issue with Rock Auto is when I order parts and they try ship them out of 4 different warehouses. I don’t wanna pay 4 shipping costs just the 1.
That is true, however I try to make it so that the majority of my parts are shipped from the same place. Not always possible when ordering a large amount of items though,and I have to agree with you on that.

Never had a problem with Rock Auto. Usually it gets shipped FedEx and either on time or early and never had a problem with quality of the parts.
And the shipping from the US to Canada is way quicker than I would expect.

That is true, however I try to make it so that the majority of my parts are shipped from the same place. Not always possible when ordering a large amount of items though,and I have to agree with you on that.
I do the same I’ll move out a few spark plugs here or an air filter try and adjust the shipping.

I put another order in to Rock Auto. On the 9 th of January. Coming from 4 different warehouses. Can you believe the package coming from Canada made it here today. 3 days! To Florida! I’m impressed.

-
Back