rockauto

-

63VALIANT*KISS

Reaction score
i jus had what u may call a bad experience with rockauto ive orderd from there before but this was a weird mixup. so im sure people here have the notices of when parts for our cars go on clearence so i looked bam name brand gabriel shocks orderd and was happy until i opend the boxes one says mexico and is red and other is made in usa and is black i was ok with painting one but then i compressed both and the usa extends the mexico one stayed compressed never held new shocks so i dont know what ones bad but both do not react the same.

what do u look for in shocks?
was thinking of putting oil on the seal on the mexico one and see if that helps the usa one is oily looking at the seal and mexico one is dry thought maybe thats whats making it not extend?

anyways calledem and they said they cant tell what color it is and they said the price is so low i can keep the third. geuss as long as it works i may be painting

Im not happy with their customer service. Ordered a speedo cable for dads 67 cuda, as per their website, even called to verify it was correct, well it was wrong. 20" too long. Spent $26 in shipping on original order and $11 on cable. They wouldnt refund the shipping $$, but would refund the $11 if we sent it back to them....nope not happy with them....

i jus had what u may call a bad experience with rockauto ive orderd from there before but this was a weird mixup. so im sure people here have the notices of when parts for our cars go on clearence so i looked bam name brand gabriel shocks orderd and was happy until i opend the boxes one says mexico and is red and other is made in usa and is black i was ok with painting one but then i compressed both and the usa extends the mexico one stayed compressed never held new shocks so i dont know what ones bad but both do not react the same.

what do u look for in shocks?
was thinking of putting oil on the seal on the mexico one and see if that helps the usa one is oily looking at the seal and mexico one is dry thought maybe thats whats making it not extend?

anyways calledem and they said they cant tell what color it is and they said the price is so low i can keep the third. geuss as long as it works i may be painting

This isn't Rock Autos fault. The manufacturer changed what they were doing. If Rock Auto had to inspect every part they ship the prices would be higher and they still wouldn't know what they are looking at in most cases.

Surely the next one will match one of the first two.

Im not happy with their customer service. Ordered a speedo cable for dads 67 cuda, as per their website, even called to verify it was correct, well it was wrong. 20" too long. Spent $26 in shipping on original order and $11 on cable. They wouldnt refund the shipping $$, but would refund the $11 if we sent it back to them....nope not happy with them....

I agree with you on this one. If the part you ordered it for the correct application, it was wrong for them not to have eaten this deal. Then in turn their supplier should have eaten Rock Auto's costs.

thats typical of places that use different vendors and have a part shortage. im sure those shocks each came from different warehouses but are designated as having the same application. ive gotten ball joints and other front end pieces that came from different places but were supposed to have the same application. i was not happy about it because they had different colored boots and whatnots.

instead of putting it on backorder out of the same place , they use another vendor to drop ship it out of their warehouse back to them and they bundle them together. they arent going to open the package and look at them to see if they match.

FWIW, this is how summit explained it

well still tits either they sent me 1 good shock and one bunk shock its a oil shock i can hear it in there but its so slow decompressing the black one i press in then bam it starts decom right away i could leave the meico on on the table after compression an it may take 5mins to decompress

well still tits either they sent me 1 good shock and one bunk shock its a oil shock i can hear it in there but its so slow decompressing the black one i press in then bam it starts decom right away i could leave the meico on on the table after compression an it may take 5mins to decompress

you would think they would want a satisfied customer

Rock Auto built neither shock. If they subsituted brand on one of them from a different manufacturer or a different part number then you have a gripe. You stated "bam name brand gabriel shocks". Sounds like they are sending you a third shock for free.

I got a Ford carburator that was rebuilt by Holley and it had the old fuel filter nipple broke off and still stuck in the female threads. It was still shrink wrapped when I opened the package so it wasn't a restocked return and you could also tell that part was in the carburator when it was rebuilt. I bought it from Oreilly's. Now was it Holley's fault or Oreilly's fault that the carburator was not usable.

calldem and actually jus went out to the shed and was messing with the mexican shock and got it to go up faster then the usa onelol some oil on the shaft and seal plus iff i turn the stud at the top of the shock it has a stop point if i turn more it will start decompressing like 1/4 turn that way lock 1/4 turn this way unlock and decompress's

they are from 2003 the box looks old but there name brand gabriel guardin shocks

i would get them on the phone and pitch a ***** about it. usually they want to make the customer happy

Lance read the quote from his first post.

well okla i know whos fault but they told me we cant tell color of item well on the mexico one it says red usa says part number thats it no color name it would obviously o's fault lol na unless the 17yr old kid behind the counter dropped it

well okla i know whos fault but they told me we cant tell color of item well on the mexico one it says red usa says part number thats it no color name it would obviously o's fault lol na unless the 17yr old kid behind the counter dropped it

Rock Auto ships from several warehouses in different areas of the country. All orders are taken in at the one location and then dispersed to the correct shipping location. I have had the same part ship from two warehouses because neither of them had two. Anything could have happened to the bad shock from the manufacturing process to the delivery man.

Now tell me if I have this wrong? They are sending you another new shock free of charge, correct?

too top it off i got two rear wheel cylinders from o's and they dont match same issue made in china made in usa usa one stamped 13/16 and part number looks great china one had sharp grind marks and the boots are diffrent then the usa 1 the lines on it are diffrent ima go to napa get two of theres and take these ones back the napa ones are cheaper anyways

oklacar yes free no charge cus i toldem the mexico one wasnt working as it should prolly from sitting on self for ten years

I agree with you on this one. If the part you ordered it for the correct application, it was wrong for them not to have eaten this deal. Then in turn their supplier should have eaten Rock Auto's costs.

After phoning rock auto I called ATP, who is the mfg. They said they couldnt believe that rockauto didnt eat it to make me happy. By the way RA jacks up their shipping, we recieved the speedo cable in MFG box that was then put in an oversized RA box. We werent about to spend the $$ returning an $11 dollar part and get hit again with overpriced shipping for the correct part. We drove about an hour and paid $45 for the correct one. Oh I have a new 67 mopar speedo cable 83" in length sitting on the shelf....maybe turn it into a whip??

too top it off i got two rear wheel cylinders from o's and they dont match same issue made in china made in usa usa one stamped 13/16 and part number looks great china one had sharp grind marks and the boots are diffrent then the usa 1 the lines on it are diffrent ima go to napa get two of theres and take these ones back the napa ones are cheaper anyways

oklacar yes free no charge cus i toldem the mexico one wasnt working as it should prolly from sitting on self for ten years

Welcome to the world of import garbage that took away American quality and jobs. I would hang on to any American made parts that I ended up with. I have crates of extra American made parts to fit my cars.

After phoning rock auto I called ATP, who is the mfg. They said they couldnt believe that rockauto didnt eat it to make me happy. By the way RA jacks up their shipping, we recieved the speedo cable in MFG box that was then put in an oversized RA box. We werent about to spend the $$ returning an $11 dollar part and get hit again with overpriced shipping for the correct part. We drove about an hour and paid $45 for the correct one. Oh I have a new 67 mopar speedo cable 83" in length sitting on the shelf....maybe turn it into a whip??

I have always wondered why every package I get from them has a bigger box with my parts in them. I do always order multiple items to save on shipping since as long as it comes from athe same warehouse they combine shipping but some times their box is huge even then. Maybe it is so returns won't have shipping labels on them or cores won't have the part numbers covered. I see no additional shipping charges in the states from the boxes so it never bothers me. I have had loose parts in thir box that had came out of the manufactures box so the double box was good then. The double boxing always makes my parts arrive in prestine condition and I like that.

Lol, a whip and that after shave.... Wild nights ahead.

Lol, a whip and that after shave.... Wild nights ahead.[/QUOTE]

Im hoping it turns into the best $$ I spent in a while!

theres is an ABC button up in the right side corner.... Its spell check; please use it!

-
Back