Rocker adjustment

-

moparspares

Reaction score
Harland Sharp rollers on Magnum Heads with Hyd roller rockers. Adjustment from zero lash 1/2 turn or full turn?

I always like to do a 1/2 turn on hydraulics. I always felt like this helped at higher RPM's

The less the better, start with the 1/2. Then do what's needed if noisy.

The less the better, start with the 1/2. Then do what's needed if noisy.

yep, if you run too much preload you can risk floating thr valves at higher rpm's. I usually go 1/2 turn from the point that its hard to spin the pushrod in your fingers.

The rocker arm doesn't know what brand it is.

IMO, run only 1/8 turn of preload.

Also, IMHO, if you are running enough hydraulic cam you are under 1/2 turn of preload you should have bought a solid.

Depends on the threads. If you know the preload distance and the thread pitch you can calculate how much pre-load will come with "x" amount of turn.

The rocker arm doesn't know what brand it is.

IMO, run only 1/8 turn of preload.

Also, IMHO, if you are running enough hydraulic cam you are under 1/2 turn of preload you should have bought a solid.

I tend to agree, BUT, if you run 1/8 of a turn with hydraulic lifters that have the chinsey wire clip retainer, you risk having the lifter plunger pop the retainer out. I much prefer heavy duty lifters with the flat snap ring retainer......or as you say solids.

-
Back