Rocker issue, not sure

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
So I have these sweep patterns in the picture below. When the engine was first built, I measured the pushrod length. The issue is, this is the best I could do. From my reading, sweeps like I have (more towards the exhaust) would signal push rods to long, but when I tried to go any shorter....The bottom of the rockers the "fulcrum" and they still may be contacting right now.

I am trying to figure out what the heck I can do to make the situation better, the situation being the sweep being wide and more towards exhaust and the "fulcrum" bottoming out issue.

I saw the comparison of the rockers all together below, I also thought maybe my rocker neck is possibly to long and hangs too far past the center of the valve already so that's why the sweep is so far out. I was thinking maybe I could get a different set of rockers and pull the sweep back in

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 224
  • 2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 227
  • 3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 221
  • 4.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 5.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 218
  • 6.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 242
  • 7.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 227
the sweep on the stem looks great but that self clearancing on the what ever that thing is called isn't good. you might have to use your die grinder to clearance all of them yourself instead of letting the motor do it. I don't see any thing wrong with doing it yourself, just a part of motor assembly.

-
Back