Rocker molding clips

-

65wgn440

Reaction score
I am looking for a picture of the clips that are used to attach rocker panel molding on a '72 Scamp. I am getting a bunch of conflicting info on my searches. Thanks.

Are you referring to the type with the push in locking plug? 65'

All I know is car has short studs welded to the body for some sort of clip. Car did not come with moldings or any clips on it when we bought it. I did buy some moldings over the weekend for it, but I believe they are incorrect. Guy I got them from said that E body Barracuda's used the same molding, and I believe that is what he sold me. They appear to be too short, though. I saw that maybe '73 up Dart's used same molding as E body's.

I'm not familir with the welded stud type clips for the rockers. Someone else may chime in to help you out. 65'

Thank you. I hope it's not the ones in your second link and I hope he's not the only one to offer them. Not exactly cheap for a throw together build !

These are the clips for the rocker trim on my 73 Dart Swinger.

upload_2022-8-24_10-1-23.png

Ok, so it appears the molding slides on. Are there any screws through the molding, also ? Could you tell me how wide the molding is, or the measurement of the clips where the molding slides on ? Thank you very much !
Actually the molding snaps on, you hook the top then pop the bottom on.

Alan

Ok, so it appears the molding slides on. Are there any screws through the molding, also ? Could you tell me how wide the molding is, or the measurement of the clips where the molding slides on ? Thank you very much !

My molding has a mounting screw in the front and rear. The molding snaps on like Cuda AL said. Here are measurement pictures.

IMG_E0415.JPG

IMG_E0417.JPG

Ok, so it appears I bought the same style molding that your '73 Swinger uses, but I am still unsure if it is correct for my '72 Scamp. I see no evidence of a rear screw hole in the quarter and they seem to be too short. From tip to tip, mine measure @ 75 3/8". From pictures I found, the molding basically stretches from wheel lip molding to wheel lip molding. Right ?? I believe the ones I bought fit E body.

I also have a 72 Scamp in storage. I went and took a quick look, it definately has different rocker modling than my 73 Dart. I couldn't find the molding, I think the previous owner removed it, but it uses a different style front clip that is secured on the fender with a nut on the backside. It looks to be a wider trim.

Scamp.JPG

I also have a 72 Scamp in storage. I went and took a quick look, it definately has different rocker modling than my 73 Dart. I couldn't find the molding, I think the previous owner removed it, but it uses a different style front clip that is secured on the fender with a nut on the backside. It looks to be a wider trim.

View attachment 1715977759

Thanks for that info. We are running '71 Swinger front end, and it has that same hole in fender. Good to know what goes there !

-
Back