Rockers and Push Rod and Motor Mounts

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
First things first I was reading a posting by someone on here and they mentioned replacing their 170 slant because it was blown with the classic sewing machine sound. My engine does have a similar sound coming from somewhere between the 3 and 5 cylinder from the front. I get a sound almost like a sewing machine that chu chu chu sound. I looked in the service manual and it suggests the pushrods or rockers may be damaged. The car drives fine with plenty of power and after it is good and warm the sound is not as noticeable. My question is how hard is it to replace the pushrods and rockers and where can I get them from? Lastly how can you determine if that they are damaged?

Next question my motor mounts are shot I have been told by several people. I want to replace them I have found a few sources for them but how hard is it to replace them and the transmission mount? Is it really as simple as loosening the bolts and jacking the engine off the mounts?

What year are you working on? A guy over on slantsix.org was making and selling early A mounts that were poly. Try a search, he may have later ones too.

well i got my pushrods form carquest and the motor mounts from napa. it probably just needs a valve adjustment to quiet down the engine, so my advice would be to just try the adjustment 1st then move on to other things...

-
Back