Rockers

-

Jonathan Paulsen

Reaction score
Hello, I am building a 318 engine and have some questions about rockers. I'm using a lunati roller retrofit camshaft kit that comes with new springs, and had a lift of .492, I'm trying to figure out if I need new rocker arms, right now I have the oem rockers, will those work with my camshaft or do I need new ones? If I do need new ones what kind should I get? I really only want to spend around 300 for them.

What type lifters are you going to use? If it's a roller cam you should go with adjustable rocker arms. IMO 65'

I would run Adjustable rockers for sure.
The 318 are not very strong either .
Being able to adjust the roller lifter is important.

You're going to have rocker failures with the correct spring pressure for a roller camshaft if you run the stock stamped steel rockers. They will not take much spring pressure.

300 bucks won’t get you much worth a crap. Look in the for sale section here. There was a set of 1.5 ratio stainless PRW rockers there.

Probably should have got the rockers before the roller ..

LOL
It's a long way to the shop, to get a roller rocker!!

LOL
It's a long way to the shop, to get a roller rocker!!
I love that song. Just three chords all the way through. Them boys made a lot of music using a minimal amount of chords. Simple man. That's why they were so badass.

Yep, many a music career was launched after listening to that band..
Get on the truck Rusty!!!
Look at all those pedestrians.. They've got no idea what's going on!!!

Yep, many a music career was launched after listening to that band..
Get on the truck Rusty!!!
Look at all those pedestrians.. They've got no idea what's going on!!!

They may not have been the first to play bagpipes with hard rock, but they damn well perfected it!

-
Back