Rod Run - Memorial Day Weekend

-

GTXperience

Orig Stealth Mod
Reaction score
We spent the weekend up at the Russian River (our usual Memorial Day/Labor Day stomping grounds) in NorCal and thought you would like to see some pics from the 1st Annual May Mystery Run (which is a 150 mile endurance run for Pre-War Vehicles). The last stop was at Rio Nido (down the street from Guernville) nestled amongst the redwoods. BTW: Sorry for so many pics of the '35 Plymouth ... I needed reference shots. Enjoy.

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

IMG_0823.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

IMG_0825.jpg

IMG_0826.jpg

IMG_0827.jpg

Man, I gotta say, the more I see that unpainted look on the rods the more I like it, I mean Shwiiing!!! Great pics, love that little gold unit, thanks.

great pic, love hot rod events,,,nice place fora event in the tall red ?? woods the 35 ply is beautiful i hope its mopar powered,, but some how im thinking,,not,,,,the 41 ply looked great also,,looks much like my 40 dodge

smaller size.jpg

great pic, love hot rod events,,,nice place fora event in the tall red ?? woods the 35 ply is beautiful i hope its mopar powered,, but some how im thinking,,not,,,,the 41 ply looked great also,,looks much like my 40 dodge

Unfortunately, the '35 is currently Chevy -powered but not for long. Supposedly, there is a 241 baby hemi going in it. As for the '41, it is a nice ride. I met the owner about three years ago at the Jalopy Journal's Revolution show (for rods) and he had just acquired it.

Thanks for sharing nice older cars, could look at them all day! God those are big *** trees!

If you think these are big, try to imagine ones about 5-6 times wider in diameter (and also much taller) because they are here as well. There is nothing like seeing a forest of of old growth redwoods.

Wow .
I Am From Healdsburg, What A Trip Down Memory Lane,.
We Used To Go Dancing At Rio Nido Resort In The Early 60's

Wow .
I Am From Healdsburg, What A Trip Down Memory Lane,.
We Used To Go Dancing At Rio Nido Resort In The Early 60's

Jeff, were you a river rat as well? All of these pics were right behind the Rio Nido bar/restaurant/pool area. We participated in the Rio Nido Memorial Day BBQ and had a blast. We are usually across the road at Oddfellows.

-
Back