Roll Bar Harness Belt Tabs

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
I was wondering if you guys have pictures or know of some websites that show how seat belt tabs for 5 point harness belts should be welded aka location and direction the tab faces. Thank You!

I believe Simpson has the diagram you are looking for. Try their website, I'm not able to get to the site right now.

And not that your racing NHRA. but if you use their rule book and follow the guidelines you would surely meet anyone elses requirements.

I can tell you on the seatbelts, that the tabs must face in the same direction as the pulling force.

The shoulder harness if looped around the roll bar has to be captured. Not allowed to slide side to side. This can be a welded wire. The pulling force has to be level with the drivers shoulders.

No bolts or holes thru the webbing.

The real problem you run into is seat bracing requirements. If you have two drivers of different heights for the same car it is a total pain in the pa toot.

One car always. So the tabs should be mounted in front of the cage not on the back side of the brace bar? Meaning the bolt hole is towards the engine not towards the trunk?

You are allowed to use factory seat belts until you reach 11.49 seconds e.t. If you are quicker you can use the factory anchor points for the lap belts. The shoulder belts must be attached to the roll bar cross bar. Most people use the wrap around type shoulder belts as no welding is required. Hope this helps, good luck.

-
Back