Roll cage kits?

-

Pascamp

Reaction score
I have tons of experience with circle track chassis, but have never put a cage in a production vehicle before. I know the more popular the car, the more "finished" the kit probably is. I'm sure a Mustang/Camaro cage is probably dead nuts. How much monkeying is involved with a Dart cage specifically? I live pretty close to S&W and always prefer to support local businesses. If I'm going to have to cut and renotch every tube then I see no point in buying a kit.

I would ask S&W, do you think they would lie to you?

I would ask S&W, do you think they would lie to you?
I don't know S&W personally. I just know they are local. But I do know that when a company tells me that something fits...Well maybe not so much. That's why I wanted to hear from guys who've installed them, not the guys selling them.

I understand were you are coming from but S&W have been around for a long time, there have been a lot of dart race cars in the past 40 years. Now my friend got screwed by them about 15 years ago when he bought a front frame for a 57 chevy, the rear was already done so we needed from the front bumper to the rear frame. At that time they didn't make frames that long so they just added a foot to the rails, I was really pissed they could have told him instead they just shipped them to us and that is what we got. It wasn't long after that I seen a ad for long rails for 57 chevys and custom street rods. I have bought a lot of stuff from them before that and after and that was the only problem. I built my own roll cage for my 64 barracuda and it fits tight to the walls and the roof, the problem is you can't weld it together and put it in the car and you cant get to the top of the cage, no room so I cut the roof off and welded it back on when I was done. Some things are just easier.

I've used a few S&W kits on b-bodies and just installed one of their 8 point kits in my '69 Dart. Main hoop fit great,all tubes were notched just cut them to length. I got the Pro Street rear runners,plus they send you the standard rear runners in the kit. I used the extra rear runner tubing to add other bars to mine.
As far as kits,S&W is top notch,great service & support.
Chrysler Products, DART, SCAMP & SWINGER 1967-1976 8 Point Roll Bar - S&W Race Cars: USA race car chassis builder, racing components & high performance auto parts manufacturer - Since 1959

Last edited:
I've used a few S&W kits on b-bodies and just installed one of their 8 point kits in my '69 Dart. Main hoop fit great,all tubes were notched just cut them to length. I got the Pro Street rear runners,plus they send you the standard rear runners in the kit. I used the extra rear runner tubing to add other bars to mine.
As far as kits,S&W is top notch,great service & support.
Chrysler Products, DART, SCAMP & SWINGER 1967-1976 8 Point Roll Bar - S&W Race Cars: USA race car chassis builder, racing components & high performance auto parts manufacturer - Since 1959
Thanks for the reply. Good to hear it went pretty smoothly. After reading up on some cage kit nightmares I was wondering if it was the kit or incompetence. I'm actually looking at the 10pt with the street runner rear bars and j bars to the front. I actually have a bender and notcher, but I think building a whole cage from scratch would probably take me forever. And after a few messed up bends it would probably cost more in the end.

To the other guys, I know uscartool, but don't see cages anywhere on their site.

check with us tool . they like mopars .
US Tool makes airplane tools, I used to sell some of there products. They make some awesome sheet metal tools and are cheaper than some automotive tool stores.

thanks i'll keep them in mind of my needs in my shop . have some , but you always have need .

-
Back