Roll cages?

-

Gitdowns

Reaction score
Who has bought roll cage kits that fit really well for 69 Dart. Gonna build my 69 Dart Swinger. Tired of trying get a good restoration paint job. Gonna strip it back down to metal, paint it white, F5 green original color. Move springs in, put my 454ci Small Block Chevy in it with a glide and a 12 Bolt Chevy rearend. Got all the drive train, needed a car.

I'm in the process of installing a S&W cage. It's pretty much dead nuts. I've been dragging my *** due to life in general (18mo old, new one next month, building an addition, running a business, ect). Pretty good fit so far. Of course you have to clean up the ends. Buy a pipe master contour gauge. I've just been using the plasma cutter freehand and cleaning up with a whiz wheel. The hardest part is lining up the J bars from the front horns through the cowl/firewall. Mine is a 71, same cage though.

I agree with Pascamp. S&W makes great kits. I did one in my '69 Dart last year. I've installed them in B body cars too with good fit. Offer great tech support for anything they sell.

Who has bought roll cage kits that fit really well for 69 Dart. Gonna build my 69 Dart Swinger. Tired of trying get a good restoration paint job. Gonna strip it back down to metal, paint it white, F5 green original color. Move springs in, put my 454ci Small Block Chevy in it with a glide and a 12 Bolt Chevy rearend. Got all the drive train, needed a car.
Get a real drive train, not that Chevy crap

I bought a Jegs kit for cheap. Then I ordered the custom main hoop from S&W. Bought my own
JD Squared pipe bender and dies, and built a 10 point cage. It came out really well. I was happy with both Jegs and S&W. Jegs was a good deal for materials and I used most of the metal. The main hoop from S&W was right on dimensions.

et me wrong, but that 454 sbc will run like a bat out of hell! And they are super easy to work on
I am mopar thru and thru, but watch out, that 454 sbc will blow ur doors off ! Big sbc will run like a bat out of hell !

et me wrong, but that 454 sbc will run like a bat out of hell! And they are super easy to work on

I am mopar thru and thru, but watch out, that 454 sbc will blow ur doors off ! Big sbc will run like a bat out of hell !

maybe, maybe not, regardless, put that where it belongs.... in a nova or a vega, leave the mopars to having mopar hearts. I'm far from a purist, but theres something inherently wrong with putting anything but a mopar drive train in a mopar.

maybe, maybe not, regardless, put that where it belongs.... in a nova or a vega, leave the mopars to having mopar hearts. I'm far from a purist, but theres something inherently wrong with putting anything but a mopar drive train in a mopar.
I woundn`t do it either, unless I had both laying around and nothing to do . I built a 406 sbc, it was easy and very fast. had it in a vega, and then a 92 gmc p/u. I have a lot more respect for them now. they are getting big cubes w/ aftermarket 4.500 bore small blocks now too. they will out run the same size big block, in many instances. .

I woundn`t do it either, unless I had both laying around and nothing to do . I built a 406 sbc, it was easy and very fast. had it in a vega, and then a 92 gmc p/u. I have a lot more respect for them now. they are getting big cubes w/ aftermarket 4.500 bore small blocks now too. they will out run the same size big block, in many instances. .
My dad had a 78 chevy monza spyder we thought about doing that too but decided it wasnt worth it

My dad had a 78 chevy monza spyder we thought about doing that too but decided it wasnt worth it
If I wanted a 12 second car, I would use the 340 I have. This Dart was bought new to be a race car. It's a no options, radio, stripe delete Swinger. My dad raced stock class with it. Front fender Wells have been cut out for headers, not removed completely. Thought about restoring it, but after years of sitting in body shops getting one crappy paint job after another, I decided it needs to be a race car again. I have a mild 340 short block and the original trans. But I also have a 1000hp SBC with splayed valve heads, sheet metal intake, etc. Has multi nitrous kits. I have a killer glide set up with converter. I don't have a gm car to put it in. Had a rust bucket Chevy ll but got rid of it. Dart was F5 green originally but now going to paint it white because I like white better. I will put all the stock parts in my garage, build the Dart the way I want it. If I had a high horsepower SB Mopar, I would use it. Unless someone wanted to give me enough money for the Dart to buy a GM car for my engine or give me enough money for the Chevy engine to build me a mapar engine, then I am going to do what I can with what I got. Thank you for your concern, but there is nothing crap about the drive train I have.

-
Back