Roll Pin MIA

-

mikeyb0013

Reaction score
I was wondering why my Dart was all wandering over the place. I was diagonosing it today and my roll pin is gone. I have seen lots of posts about trying to get them out I didn't have that problem. Can anyone tell me what size it is for a 74 Dart (looks to be around a 1/4"). Are they readily available and for the guys North of the 49th have you found them in Canada?

Thanks

Mike

Roll pin for what?
i would have to guess the steering column coupler to the box...

and to the OP. unless it is almost off thats not your issue... it has two sets of splines so the movement wont come from that... the pin just makes sure it wont come off...

Yes it's my steering. When I drive down the road the wheel starts to follow the road so to speak. When I come to a bend in the road it gets intersting because the wheel is going one way and I'm telling it to go the other and then suddenly it responds. Any suggestions?

Yes it's my steering. When I drive down the road the wheel starts to follow the road so to speak. When I come to a bend in the road it gets intersting because the wheel is going one way and I'm telling it to go the other and then suddenly it responds. Any suggestions?

sounds like either your steering box is loose or all your tie-rods and bushings are out...

sounds like either your steering box is loose or all your tie-rods and bushings are out...
To add to this if I drive straight and lean the wheel a bit right I get chatter through the steering wheel. Thanks for the help I will look at the steering box I had the front end serviced last year and had new tie rods installed.

To add to this if I drive straight and lean the wheel a bit right I get chatter through the steering wheel. Thanks for the help I will look at the steering box I had the front end serviced last year and had new tie rods installed.

lol WTF...:wack:

can you get a vid?

I know it's weird it starts to make this almost like a clacking noise of metal on metal and the wheel vibrates like crazy.

I know it's weird it starts to make this almost like a clacking noise of metal on metal and the wheel vibrates like crazy.

so you get a clack when only turning right...

well does it get worse or better if you turn it more?

does it feel like it's hitting "lock" when its clacking?

is it power steering.. "lightbulb"... did you have a new pitman installed?

will it turn more one way than the other?

I just took the rollpin out of my column as I'm using the setup for the alterkation. I'll have to check and see if I still have but I should in the scrap metal box. I'll look in the next day or so and if I do I'll get your address and send it off.

Riddler

so you get a clack when only turning right...

well does it get worse or better if you turn it more?

does it feel like it's hitting "lock" when its clacking?

is it power steering.. "lightbulb"... did you have a new pitman installed?

will it turn more one way than the other?
It really doesn't change much. If I'm the highway doing 70 it really gets loud but I can still steer it, it just reacts slowly. There is no locking and no new pitman. Now that I think about it it started shortly after I pulled the steering column down to get into the instrument cluster. I wonder if its an alignment issue on the column. It looks ok and all of the bolts line up. The other thing that is happening is my left turn signal works intermittantly now. It will come on and then stop and I have to click it back and forth to make the left signal work.

I just took the rollpin out of my column as I'm using the setup for the alterkation. I'll have to check and see if I still have but I should in the scrap metal box. I'll look in the next day or so and if I do I'll get your address and send it off.

Riddler
Thank you I'm in Ajax so if you find it let me know.

Mike

-
Back