Roller Cam Thrust Bearing??

-

lo234me

Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a thrust plate for 440 mopars?? I am going to be installing a roller cam into my 440. I have talked with comp cams, but have not really gotten the answer I was looking for. I realize that there are thrust buttons to go between the cam and timing cover to keep the cam in alignment with the lifters, but is a thrust plate or bearing also required between the block and the back of the cam gear?? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Again

:read2:

I know their rockers are tempting, but don't bother with them. They use needle bearings inside them and concentrate the load on a pair of narrow stripes. The needle bearings will not hold up.
Stick with stock or go with something like Cranes adjustables or Cranes adjustable rollers.

I plan to use the stainless roller from Rocker Arm Specialties, once they get them in stock! Or else I will go with the comp cams Steel Rollers, as I already have a set.

Thanks

I plan to use the stainless roller from Rocker Arm Specialties, once they get them in stock! Or else I will go with the comp cams Steel Rollers, as I already have a set.

Thanks

I have an old set of Comp Magnum rollers for my 340. Have you had any problems with your Comp rockers?
What retains the roller pin? They used a "crimped" rivet-like pin on mine and they tend to loosten up. I had one break off and I bought Crane's Gold Race Rockers after that. They have held up great. Zero issues. Mercruiser uses them exclusively.

-
Back