Roller Rocker Shafts

-

T56MaxTorq

Reaction score
Assembling the engine after a cam swap on a 360. I find a cracked rocker shaft between #1&3 cyl. Unacceptable, I find a replacement shaft but it would be on back order for over a week. Hughes banana groove shafts? They look good but I have an old set of Cat roller rockers which have roller bearings (I think) that ride on the shaft..would the grooves knurl up the bearings? I may just go in on a set of hughes aluminum rockers if finding another stock shaft takes a while and I'll just slave the Cat rockers to a roller cam 360 I need to build.

I bought a set of Hughes grooved shafts(hardened).Broke in two cams,lost motor due to broke oil pump hex shaft.No unusual wear patterns on the cat rollers I had.

The Hughes shafts are made in China! Dave told me that himself. The oil holes don't line up in the center of the rocker oil groove and the holes are smaller than factory.

Thanks guys! I think I may just order a stock replacement shaft and run it. Unsure how it cracked, probably from warping when it has been taken on/off. It's cracked at the threw-bolt hole, about half the shaft.

Comp has some nice rollers.

-
Back