roller rockers

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never used those rockers but I did use a set of Crane Gold's and they were junk! I would not go cheap on the rockers. I bought a set of Harland Sharps last year and I love them. They were worth every penny. If you don't want to spend that much then check out Hughes rockers. They are suppose to be really good also for a lot less than HS's.

Those are the ones that can unkey the valves. I wouldn't use them.

Yup, that's KMJ. Those are supposed to be pretty good.

I have a set still for sale. One guy on here said he wanted them, then I never heard from him again.

they are RPM brand and will work just fine for what you want to use them for.

$225 shipped and MP hold downs thrown in for free

Attachments

• YBL-440360_1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 538
The KMJ rockers are the old out dated PRW rockers. PRW has since updated them to make them better, thats why those are so cheap.

Don't go cheap...Harland Sharps on Amazon.com.

IMG_0610.jpg

I convinced myself I wasn't gonna spend a ton of money on standard location stuff. When I step up to some real heads ill drop some coin on some T&D's or equivelant when I need some offset.

I convinced myself I wasn't gonna spend a ton of money on standard location stuff. When I step up to some real heads ill drop some coin on some T&D's or equivelant when I need some offset.

I have my last set of T&Ds in my motor right now. Won't buy another set from them. I believe they had issues with the hardening of the rocker shafts and would not own up to it - and the customer service is non existant. The fellow that I and my engine builder kept talking to was arrogant and ignorant as all get out. They may have had a good product at one time - and maybe just a temporary glitch with the shafts, but the lack of customer service alone will keep me from ever buying from them again..:pottytra: The shop I use is done with them too for the same reason..

So what does that leave? Jesel? Ive also heard that Harlands dont have a true 1.5 ratio. More like 1.54 or more?

Jesels are really good, but the most expensive and you have to set up for individaul shafts - which is a huge expense. If I were looking for a top quality set on a big cam motor again I would go with Harland Sharps. Smaller cam street motors can get by with something like Hughes, or Indy or ..... Many experts (I am no expert) believe that you are better off with rockers that do not have fulcrum bearings for a moderate street cam and spring set up. If i were running a moderate roller cam with less than .550" lift and spring pressures below 180 / 550 I would probably try some bushed fulcrum Huges rockers or something similar that do not have fulcrum bearings.

Those look like they don't have fulcrum bearings? Are they individual shafts for each cylinder like Jesels?

Cheaper ain't always better. Look at the final lift of my valves with my 1.6 Harland Sharps. I used some 350 buck 440 Source Roller rockers and they were noisy. They scared me and I sold them for 100 bucks and bought the Harland Sharps for 670 bucks.

Cheaper ain't always better. Look at the final lift of my valves with my 1.6 Harland Sharps. I used some 350 buck 440 Source Roller rockers and they were noisy. They scared me and I sold them for 100 bucks and bought the Harland Sharps for 670 bucks.
really can't afford expensive ones.strokerscamp says they are good rockers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back