Roller rockers

roller rockers.What would you use and why?

• comp

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • crane

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • racer brown

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • harland sharp

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • mopar performance

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • other

Votes: 22 25.0%

• Total voters
-
So for a big chunk of change we're getting very little h.p gain and not much more reliability vs ductile rockers.

Why are they so expensive then?

I think a roller cam would be a wiser investment!

I purchase a set of Dove Manufacturing billit aluminum roller rockers. Hardend shafts with banana grove, and billit hold downs, they are known for Ford stuff, but the can make aluminum products for Mopar as well. I was sold.

If anyone is looking for some harland Sharp BB rockers.....let me know. I have some in the 4 sale section

8)

IMHO for a small block Mopar...
Best bang for the dollar would be ductile rocker arms for street and bushed ductile rocker arms for racing.
If a roller rocker is needed, because of ratios or weight, the Norris stainless steel rocker arms were the best of the lot.
I understand that RAS is now producing this rocker arm again.
Aluminum rockers might have a place but due to inferior alloys, ratio variance and breakage issues the place I have for them is in the garbage can.

Just my 02

In response to another members thread I thought it might be helpfull to poll our membership on the subject of roller rockers.What brand would you buy?
Based on what?

1) Comp cams
2) Crane
3) Racer brown
4) Harland Sharp
5) Mopar Performance
6) Other

Give details!Whats the best bang for the buck? Whats the absolute best?Worst!

Thanks!

The original question was best/worst roller rockers. That mean's ductile adjustables from crane are out. They would be the low buck choice for adjustibility and work fine up to about .600" lift.

For rollers I like crane gold race and hughes for the lower buck serious performance option. These both work great virtually forever in sub .700" lift applications when set up correctly.

None of the bargain priced (below $400) rockers are gonna cut it. Some people seem to like em but I had big problems with comps so I'm done with them. Their customer service was not good.

For anything beyond that, which most of us don't need, you gotta spend.
http://jesel.com/index.php?categoryid=8
http://www.rockerarms.com/
http://www.tdmach.com/page12-13.shtml

I don't think the Crane ductile iron rockers are really cost effective. They are like 340 bucks from Summit. I don't really give a rat's butt how little somebody thinks a roller tip will add, for that kinda money, I'm goin roller. I actually like the Pro Comp pieces. They are nice and as long as you don't over torque the adjusters like a dumbass, you won't have a problem. I wouldn't recommend them on a 600 HP engine, but for most they will be fine.

Hughes has my vote and are in most people's price reange.

Hughes Banana Shafts, Rockers and hold downs are the ticket IMO!

Hughes has my vote and are in most people's price reange.

Hughes Banana Shafts, Rockers and hold downs are the ticket IMO!

Yup, just installed a set 2 months ago, and Dave Hughes will talk to you on the phone with answers not BS. They're quick out the door with custom push rods to.

Attachments

• P1010002.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 437
  • P1010071.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 459
I had nothing but problems w/the Crane Golds.. Never stayed adjusted, lock nuts backing off etc... I sold them cheap, he had the same problems.. I put Crane Ductile Iron on, no problems. I heard there was a problem with a run, guess I got them!!!!!!!!! Next set will be Comp Pro Magnums..

Bob

Same here, but I snapped one. I ended up with a set of Sharps.

Mopar recommended Harlen Sharp for many years, I used them.

Crane_Cams_Headstone.jpg

ran crane for 10 years without any issue sold the engine

2 years ago and the guy use them

on the 408 I bought harland sharp but cost alote

compare to the crane

-
Back