Roller rockers

-

Byron Gray

Reaction score
Quick question my rockers are not available anymore.. would I be able to use a single replacement of a different brand or have to change the whole set?

Other than extreme situations, in my opinion yes.

What brand you have and picture of them.
Maybe a member has broken set....

What brand you have and picture of them.
Maybe a member has broken set....
They are the crane cam gold ones and a member dose have one I'm waiting on a reply. These are the best photos I have.
20190507_202718.jpg
20190507_202700.jpg

Didn't you see PRH has a single? It's in your other thread. He's a good guy. PM him and get a matching rocker.

BTW, the blue MP rockers are the exact same thing, except in that fugly blue color.

Didn't you see PRH has a single? It's in your other thread. He's a good guy. PM him and get a matching rocker.

BTW, the blue MP rockers are the exact same thing, except in that fugly blue color.
I am messaging with him right now. He dosent use PayPal so I was a little hesitant at first.

Just an FYI I had those on my last 440 and they would break adjusters like crazy. Crane sent me new ones. I ended up switching to Harland sharp and never had another issue.

Just an FYI I had those on my last 440 and they would break adjusters like crazy. Crane sent me new ones. I ended up switching to Harland sharp and never had another issue.
I've seen the Harland sharp ones and ya 8f I have any more issues I'll be looking to change them out.. the cranes are what came with the car.

As long as the replacement is a 1.50 ratio, it should work. Only thing to pay attention to is the width of the trunion. You may need different spacers on the shaft for a different one.

many, many years ago, a friend had a 426 Hemi, and he wanted new adjusters, he supplied me with some Crane "computer engineered" adjusters. I went to put them on and they were sloppy loose, so I measured them with a micrometer over the (3) wires, and they were way, way undersize.

Crane did not understand rocker arm geometry and the sizes were always off
read crane's ideas on setting rocker arm geometry- as far off as comp cams
now cams he understood

-
Back