Roller...

-

Dragnut

Reaction score
Finally after 1 1/2 years on the lift the Dart is a roller!! Love that Gerst front suspension...now on to the steering Colum and the master cylinder!!

DART35.jpg

DART36.jpg

Clean! Whatcha putting in there for a power plant? 65'

looking to put a 408 mag stroker in the car... I want to put a 5 speed in but the kits are $6500.!! So I will probably end up with a 42 RH trans.

A 408 cid motor will rip in that whip! Great power to weight ratio. I Love the early A's. 65'

looking to put a 408 mag stroker in the car... I want to put a 5 speed in but the kits are $6500.!! So I will probably end up with a 42 RH trans.
Hunt Craigslist. Search for mustangs and camaros. People parting them out is how I got my T56 for less than a grand.

What did you do for the bell and the rest of the parts to put it in?
QuickTime has the bellhousings for pretty much any combo. They’re around 600-700. Custom making the cross member, local shop will make me a custom length driveshaft for 300 they said. Clutch I’m still working to figure out, may run a double disc.

Beautiful car. How was the fitment of the k member? Right now I am putting funds away to order a gerst for my 65 dart. Hopefully if all goes well I should have it order by July.

Beautiful car. How was the fitment of the k member? Right now I am putting funds away to order a gerst for my 65 dart. Hopefully if all goes well I should have it order by July.
Not sure about the 65 ones but the one in my 74 fit perfectly. I had the old one out and the Gerst fully installed in less than 2 hours. And that wasn’t rushing or anything. Knowing Carl, he’s kind of a perfectionist and highly attentive to details. I highly doubt you’ll have much of if any at all fitment issues

The Gerst kit was well worth the money... it’s a strong quality setup... everything fit as it should. It took me longer probably than most people to install because i only get weekends to work on the car

I’m jealous!! Lol. Looks really good! I want that suspension bad! Look at Silver State for the trans. I was recently quoted $5414 for a complete trans swap. And I mean complete...every nut and bolt, fluids, clutch, bell housing, driveshaft, hydro throw out conversion, etc., etc.,

Yes... Gerst has nice stuff.. I’m happy with it..I got a quote from Silver sport for a Tremic 5 speed kit with everything to install it and it was just about $6000. I really want to go that route instead of an automatic but need to build up my piggy bank first... he’ll i don’t even have a motor yet!

Great looking Dart! it reminds me of the Group 44 Dart. Did the Gerst suspension make the front track width wider than stock?
img177.jpg

Great looking Dart! it reminds me of the Group 44 Dart. Did the Gerst suspension make the front track width wider than stock?
View attachment 1715305673
depends on the model, the brake selection, your wheel/tire combo and how you have it adjusted. I got mine to be just barely wider than a stock 73 with disc brakes.

-
Back