Ron Francis Retro Wiring

-

scuba0331

Reaction score
Has anybody used the Ron Francis Retro Wiring Kit? I am thinking this would be a nice upgrade to my 1974 Duster.

http://www.ronfrancis.com/products.asp?dept=19

I am basically redoing the entire car and didn't want to put the old wiring back in. It's kind of beat up.

This kit appears to have everything I need for a stock replacement harness.

Thoughts and or suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you,

Has anybody used the Ron Francis Retro Wiring Kit? I am thinking this would be a nice upgrade to my 1974 Duster.

http://www.ronfrancis.com/products.asp?dept=19

I am basically redoing the entire car and didn't want to put the old wiring back in. It's kind of beat up.

This kit appears to have everything I need for a stock replacement harness.

Thoughts and or suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you,

Hey Scuba,

Their kit is awesome! When you call to order it they will ask you a ton of questions as to what options you will be using and they custom make it to your specs. Plus all the wires are labeled every 6 to 12 inches as to what they are (great feature when you are running long lengths).

Highly recommended :toothy10:

Heres the one I used.

21 circuit, each wire is labeled every foot

http://www.ezwiring.com/wiring_harness.html

$185 instead of $280

You take the $95 and buy you some nice H4 headlights!

DSC01980.jpg

At that price it would be almost foolish to not replace all the wiring in a car if you've already got it tore down.

Thanks for the quick replies.

I'm definitely not a wiring guro so I hope the car runs when I am done!:toothy10:

Scuba, not to be a bother, but could you note any problems you encounter? I'm going to also go with an EZ 21 circuit come May. Any problems you run into could help me out trememdously!

Scuba, not to be a bother, but could you note any problems you encounter? I'm going to also go with an EZ 21 circuit come May. Any problems you run into could help me out trememdously!
73Dust340

I probably will not start wiring until at least June. I am sending the car to the body shop around mid-march and then it will be a few months until the car is done. (So I am told!)

But, I will post my progress once I begin.

Good luck with your project!

Do these do away with the bulk head connector? And if so, how do you address the hole in the firewall? I'm assuming you could just weld the hole up with a patch?

Hey Mully, you getting $$$$$ from Mt. Dew for product placement?:-D

Nope! I wished! I sat in there to show how much more room you can gain if you build the glove box just right.

Bulk head connetor

ok.. first I cut the wires going to the bulk head from under the dash about three inches. In the engine compartment I cut or unhooked the wires from the connectors. I removed the connectors and the bulk head completely from the car and took over to the work bench. Then I removed the wires and connectors form the bulk head and the connectors. Another words all I had was plastic bulk head and the plastic connectors. I drilled out each hole with a 3/16" drill bit in the bulk head and the connectors. Then I re-installed it back on the car with the connectors snapped into place. When it came time to push a wire into the engine compartment from underneath the dash I started at the left top of the bulkhead with each wire slowly working myself down. I actually have extra holes left for something later down the road if needed. It all still looks factory but you don't ever have to worry about a loose or dirty connection at the bulk head again. Hope this makes since.

-
Back