Ron Francis Wiring

-

larry408

Reaction score
I ordered a complete wiring setup from Ron Francis last Monday and I had it last Friday. I have wired up the engine and ignition systems and have my 73 Dart Sport running now. The kit is very easy to use. I had a question about the ignition switch wiring and called them. They told me everything that I need to know in a few minutes. I would recommend them to anyone needing a wiring kit.

hey larry did the kit come completed already? Did you have to cut and solder the wiring? My factory harness melted on me, and I am a dummy when it comes to this stuff. :sign6:

The kit comes in a bunch of plastic bags with instructions in each bag just for the wires in that bag. The kit just has bare wires that are color coded and marked where they go. You have to cut to the length that you need and crimp on the supplied termanals. It is not that hard to install.

Ron Francis wiring kits are very nice,and there customer service is great.If you need to rewire a car and originality is not a problem Ron Francis wiring systems are the way to go.There are some other brands out there and I am sure there are some good ones,it boils down to customer service in my mind.

Bobby Dodson

awesome... I was wondering about Ron Francis wiring harnesses. What kind of ignition did you get Larry? I was thinking about getting a push button start one just to show off a lil bit haha. Thanks for the info!

Er, the downside to most aftermarket wiring systems, (it ain't a harness until you string it together), is the crimp connectors. Francis has a good name in the industry and I won't knock the quality of the product. BUT, and this is a big one, crimp connecters will corrode, and if your crimp is not one hundred percent tight, you will end up with odd and mysterious problems. I've also run into the problem of non-factory style connectors. Wiring isn't something you want to have to troubleshoot on the side of the road, trust me, been there, done that, not enough Jack to forget it.

Solder, shrink tube, and tape. Safe, secure, and lasting.

Rev

I am using the factory ignition that came on the car. The only switch that I changed was to use the new headlight switch that comes with the kit.

-
Back