roof option help...

-

321Scamp

Reaction score
It is getting closer and closer to time to start the body rust repair work to the scamp. But i have a question that i would like to get you guys input on.

I need to remove the vinyl top cause that is the majority of the rust problem. I am not really wanting to put a new one back on. Where my question lies is what would look better.... body colored top or maybe a painted black top? I like the two tone of the top but i dont want to mess with it again. also to keep in mind, i am thinking of changing the color of the car, since it will be completely torn apart anyway, to a dark green color.

whats your thoughts?

I went through something like this with the '73. It had a vinyl top that had rotted off, then the remaining steel was ½ fast patched and painted with bed liner to look like a vinyl roof. When I re-skinned the roof, I went with a solid body color. Here's my before and after. Hope it helps.

This is an off the wall suggestion but, I saw a truck that was rhino lined instead painted. The texture of the rhino lining looked similar to a vinyl texture. If you wanted to keep the vinyl look you could rhino the top and then put the chrome trim around it to make it look like a vinyl top.

-
Back